Senior Software Engineer
At Acxiom, we are powering a world where all marketing is relevant. Our data products and services enable marketers to recognize, better understand, and then deliver highly applicable messages to consumers across any available channel.
As a Senior Software Engineer in the Audience Solutions division, you will help envision and realize the next generation of our Digital Marketing Ecosystem. You will need to feel comfortable in Java, C++, and Python, spending most of your time in Linux on the command line. You should be passionate about quality; our clients are the biggest companies in the world. Be a talker; effective communication with peers, leaders, and stakeholders is essential to your success. Be a doer; you should be comfortable jumping in and fixing things, including in code written by others.
The culture at Acxiom is driven by associates who are passionate about their work, accountable to themselves and their teams for their responsibilities, and creatively tackle problems head on, all in a highly collaborative environment. If this sounds like your kind of place, we would love to hear from you.
Location: Burlington, MA OR Little Rock, AR OR Conway, AR
A Day in the Life of a Senior Software Engineer
- Writes/executes complex code plan
- Design low complexity tasks/components
- Define and delegate complex code plan
- Contribute to application architecture
- Regularly lead self and others
- Provide formal mentorship
- Understand how whole picture aligns to overall Acxiom strategy
- Begin to be Directly Responsible Individual (DRI) for component level applications
- Have a broad understanding of the external events that may impact applications or systems (networking, operations, etc.)
- Perform peer code reviews conformity, security, and efficiency
- Clearly demonstrate understanding of how to branch code and divide up tasks
- Can pick up other developer code to modify/enhance
- Perfect quality by unit testing and completing required documentation.
- Professionally communicates with stakeholders by providing both verbal and written communication on a daily/weekly basis.
You are an ideal candidate if you
- Have a BS in computer science or related field
- Are comfortable with object oriented programming fundamentals (JAVA, C++, Python)
- Are comfortable with Linux command line/Bash
- Are familiar with database concepts such as SQL and relational DBs
- Are familiar with software development tools/methods (Jenkins, Git/Stash)
- Are familiar with Agile development such as Scrum
- Thrive in a results-oriented role
Acxiom's expertise managing consumer data drives on-line, off-line and mobile marketing decisions for more than 7,000 global clients with worldwide annual revenue of $1.4 billion.
Interested in Acxiom? Learn about our Equal Opportunities, job postings and more @ Acxiom.com.
Acxiom is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
Mon, 15 May 2017 11:14:34 PDT