Afterschool Program Coordinator
The After-school Program Tutor will report to and work with the Program Coordinator to administer the After-school Enrichment Program at the Salvation Army Chinatown Corps.
• Supervise and tutor 1st-8th grade students to ensure timely completion of homework
• Administer age-appropriate enrichment activities following homework completion
• Diagnose academic weaknesses of students and offer additional support as needed
• Enthusiasm and passion for educating children
• Sensitivity to the strengths and weaknesses of students; ability to address and accommodate individual needs
• Capacity to effectively communicate and explicate academic concepts to young children
• Basic knowledge of best practices and techniques in child development and discipline
• Proficient knowledge in all academic subjects; demonstrated intellectual curiosity & vitality
• Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated maturity, initiative, reliability, tact and discretion
• Commitment to the community and the mission of the Salvation Army
• Cantonese or Mandarin Bilingual preferred but not necessary
• Minimum 17 years of age
Hours: 2:00pm-6:00pm, Monday through Friday.
Compensation: $9.92 - $12, depending upon experience
The Salvation Army Chinatown Corps in San Francisco is a community center, social services provider, and an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. We offer a variety of programs and services for children, families and senior citizens--including after-school tutoring, summer camps, food pantries, community meals, sports and recreational activities, music lessons, and volunteer opportunities. Our mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
San Francisco, CA
Mon, 15 May 2017 13:33:02 PDT