Product Compliance Engineer
The ideal candidate will have a broad base of knowledge that includes certifying electronics products with microprocessors, communications busses and radios. Prior direct experience working with consumer/commercial electronics (wearables, sports and fitness products, wireless devices, luminaries, remote controls, sensors) is highly desirable.
The Product Compliance Engineer serves a critical function within our Product Development community. This person will be responsible for supporting product safety and regulatory compliance for Rigado's IoT product customers. This highly visible role is a champion in the area of product compliance. This role helps develop, implement and maintain regulatory, health and safety compliance requirements and guidance for all company products.
- Operate and maintain in-house equipment for EMC testing including semi-anechoic chamber RF scanning, conducted emissions, and ESD
- Act as primary liaison between project teams, certification organizations and testing agencies to achieve regulatory compliance. This includes organizations such as: FCC, IC, Telec, UL.
- Research and identify domestic and international Standards, regulations and requirements for new products.
- Participate in design/project meetings, Design Reviews, FMEA's and Hazard Reviews making design or test recommendations that assure design and instruction comply with relevant Standards.
- Assure certification milestones are completed on time and on budget by establishing budget estimates, assuring timely payments, and keeping good records.
- Help develop compliance tools for regulations such as ROHS, Reach, California Proposition 65, California E-waste and packaging/transportation requirements for high power batteries
- Maintain proficiency of worldwide safety regulations through research, development of networks, product design, and ongoing education and champion product safety considerations above and beyond regulatory standards or in areas where there are no clear standards
- Provide guidance and standards for labeling, manuals, videos and web pages to ensure consistency with applicable regulations, guidelines and practices
- Investigate product incidents and support recalls if necessary
- Maintain open communication through conversation, presentation and both formal and informal documents
Required Experience and Knowledge:
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Must work well independently and in a team environment, be detail oriented, thorough in investigation, and produce robust solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to devise novel technical solutions, lateral thinking (applying known solutions to new problems in related fields), willingness to challenge existing practice (technical, testing, manufacturing).
- Failure analysis and troubleshooting.
- Experience with whole goods and products is required, intentional radiators experience helpful
- Experience working with various international organizations such as: UL, IEC, FCC, CE, IC, Telec is required
- Bluetooth and/or Bluetooth Low Energy
- Understanding of product reliability testing a plus with the ability to support test engineers during product development as needed.
- Experience operating FCC 15.247 and 15.249 tests and generating reports preferred.
- Knowledge of advanced wireless communication protocols (802.11, IR, ZigBee, Bluetooth)
Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering
Rigado is an IoT (Internet of Things) solutions company that helps clients design, build, and manage connected products. Our customers include both Fortune 1000 companies and IoT innovators. We are currently seeking experienced, career-oriented professionals who are excited to participate in and contribute to our rapid growth.
Rigado provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rigado complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Rigado expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Rigado's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Mon, 15 May 2017 13:33:19 PDT