Annual Giving Officer
Hofstra University seeks a hardworking, motivated and team oriented professional to join our Advancement Office as an Annual Giving Officer, a newly created position. The Annual Giving Officer will be a front line fundraiser responsible for identification, cultivation and solicitation of prospects (alumni, friends and parents) with the goal of securing annual fund gifts ranging from $500 - $5,000.
This individual will work closely with the Annual Fund Office to develop a strategic plan that details successful solicitation of lybunts, sybunts as well as other constituents of Hofstra (volunteer boards, alumni leadership, faculty/staff, etc.).
This position will be expected to exceed both financial and meeting goals. The successful candidate will need the ability to work with various internal and external constituencies. Additionally, the AG Officer may serve as a liaison to at least one of the University’s schools and colleges working with the dean and advisory boards to grow fundraising efforts and alumni outreach.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Cultivate and solicit a portfolio of 200+ prospects and suspects
- Meet monthly goals
- Attend university and/or external events to identify and engage new prospects.
- Provide necessary follow up in a timely manner with each prospect (thank you note, solicitation summary, proposal if needed, coordinate any stewardship, etc.)
- Record each visit into a central database
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required
- One to two years of professional fundraising experience, preferably in higher education
- Strong organizational and writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to use current computer technology (Microsoft Office programs)
- Ability to travel and work evenings on a regular basis
For consideration, please send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: Alan Kelly, Vice President for Development and Alumni Affairs, firstname.lastname@example.org
Hofstra University is an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering diversity in its faculty administrative staff and student body, and encourages applications from the entire spectrum of a diverse community.