Lead Cloud Engineer
Title : Lead Cloud Engineer
Location : Foster City, CA
Duration : 6 Months+ /Full Time
Seeking a well-rounded Lead Cloud Engineer with a wide breadth and depth of knowledge in software design and development to join the Sling cloud engineering team. Our ideal candidate will have in-depth understanding coupled with experience in leading a team to build horizontally scalable services using J2EE stack, as well as, experience in big data processors (Hadoop) and a strong programming background. Position will work with limited supervision and must be capable of juggling multiple priorities and able to thrive in a fast-paced, demanding environment!
- Lead all phases of development cycle with the ownership on end to end delivery and support while standing up in production
- Evangelize best practices in architecture, design & clean code
- Write server-side code for cloud services layers using J2EE stack, create robust high-volume, scalable applications, & build prototypes quickly
- Conduct design reviews and ensure that the design/implementation is highly modular, portable and performance optimized
- Lead design, solution architecture and eager to mentor team members
- 7+ years of overall development experience
- 2 + years of experience in leading the development of complex, high throughput, multi-tier, highly scalable and fault tolerant customer facing cloud layers using J2EE technology stack
- 4+ years of experience in building horizontally scalable RESTful services using J2EE technology stack
- Hands-on with NoSQL data stores such as Couchbase prefer
- Cozy with messaging - RabbitMQ or Kafka
- Breadth and depth of experience in search solutions with Lucene, Solr, SolrCloud, unstructured data mining, search query commands and real time data collections and processing
- Heavy experience with the Hadoop ecosystem - HDFS, MapReduce, Pig, Hive, Hbase, Zookeeper etc
- Successfully applied scalable algorithms for click stream analysis to model user behavior and engagement.
- Competency in statistical modeling and inference
- Experience in using predictive techniques on Mahout, such as logistic regression, Naive Bayes, SVM, and decision trees
Xavient Information Systems Inc. is a global IT engineering company. Working together with such partners as Oracle and Microsoft, Xavient is able to provide comprehensive solutions to customers with a commitment to industry standards and proven technologies in development and support. Strengths include Datawarehousing Middleware, Java, Microsoft Technologies, ERP, TQA, etc. Xavient offers IT Services and innovative practices that enable business process improvement. We provide world-class software solutions to both Fortune 500 companies and smaller companies that need to better leverage their technology investments.
Foster City, CA
Mon, 15 May 2017 11:19:14 PDT