Field Service Technician
Whether you are just starting out in electrical construction at the entry level or if you have testing experience and commissioning in utility substations, we want to hear from you! For over 10 years, Our client has successfully maintained a staff of highly trained engineers and technicians, offering complete installation and repair & maintenance services of electrical power systems and equipment from low voltage through extra high voltage.
Positions are needed nationwide. Our client offers competitive pay and benefits, as well as many opportunities for technical training, growth, and advancement. If you meet our criteria and are interested in joining our team, apply today!
Performs routine skilled and technical support work in the inspection, repair and maintenance of transmission and distribution substation electrical equipment. Work is performed under immediate supervision. Does related work as required.
Duties & Responsibilities
- The installation, troubleshooting and maintenance of communication, data processing, and computerized control equipment.
- The logging and maintenance of operating records as required.
- Maintenance of solid state devices, computers, telemetering equipment, protective relays, and switchboard Instruments.
- Utilize drawings/prints and instruction manuals in the performance of construction, maintenance and operation of electrical facilities.
- Use of the oscilloscope, wattmeter, phase angle meter, signal generator, electronic coupler, phase shifter, and other instruments and last equipment required to test certain equipment.
- Operate construction/maintenance equipment (bucket/derrick trucks, oil processing equipment, etc.) and tools.
- Perform switching, obtain clearances and make site safe for work.
Works with line crews and contractors as assigned.
Minimum Required: High School diploma or GED. Supplemental courses in electrical maintenance desired.
- Must possess a current and valid driver's license, and be able to maintain a good driving record.
- Must be able to crawl, climb, stand and lift up to 75 lbs. with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Must be able to pass a fit for duty exam.
- Must be available for regular overnight domestic travel and occasional international travel.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours and overtime, and occasional weekends, holidays and nights.
Training, Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Some knowledge of the fundamentals and principles of electricity preferred.
- Knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions required in working in a power distribution facility preferred.
- Ability to learn to read and interpret electrical diagrams and prints.
- Ability to learn to read and interpret a variety of power generation and distribution metering and recording devices.
- Ability to learn the practices and procedures of the industry.
- Ability to follow oral and written directions.
- Must consistently meet performance expectations.
- Works on special projects as required.
- Attends job related safety and development training as required.
- Must demonstrate knowledge and execution of safe work practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Work outdoors in all weather conditions. Occasionally work is performed near moving mechanical parts in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, ambient air, temperature extremes, fumes and airborne particulates, traffic, toxic or caustic chemicals, electrical shock hazard, noise pollution, and vibration.
Our Client is an equal opportunity employer. They conduct drug screening and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
Our clients include fortune 500 companies specializing in Electrical and Industrial firms.
Mon, 15 May 2017 08:11:41 PDT