R&D Scientist II
Conducting research under the direction of a supervisor leading to the development of new or improved products and processes. Participating in the development of cell culture media products.
- Performing cell culture experiments for development of cell biology research, product development, technical product support, and/or process improvements.
- Working on problems of moderate scope in which analysis of situation or data requires a review of identifiable factors.
- Exercising judgment within general defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Performing various chemical/biological assays.
- Performing data analysis and experimental design.
- Preparing formal reports and presentations.
- Actively participating in group/project meetings.
- Updating job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading technical publications.
- Documenting relevant information.
- B.S. in a Biological Science or equivalent. M.S. preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant working experience in an industry setting.
- Experience with cell culture media development preferred.
- Ability to practice and knowledge of general lab safety.
- Ability to use professional concepts, company's policies, and procedures to perform a wide range of assigned work and solve complex problems
- Ability to demonstrate potential for technical proficiency, scientific creativity, collaboration with others and independent though
- Advanced technical and procedural knowledge of cell culture, molecular biology, biochemistry, and microbiology.
- Advanced knowledge of basic laboratory equipment (scales, pH meters, etc.)
- Knowledge of commonly used experimental/research concepts, practices, and procedures.
- General knowledge of MS Office and productivity software.
- General knowledge of project management.
- General knowledge of GMP and GLP procedures.
Send resume with salary history to IS_HR@irvinesci.com. Please put R&D SCI II 111816 in subject line.
Irvine Scientific is an equal opportunity employer.
Irvine Scientific, a member of JX Holdings Group, is a worldwide leader in the innovation and manufacture of cell culture media, reagents, and medical devices for researchers and clinicians. The company provides unrivalled service and quality to scientists working in cell therapy and regenerative medicine, assisted reproductive technology and cytogenetics, and industrial cell culture for the large-scale production of biotherapeutics and vaccines. Irvine Scientific adheres to both ISO and FDA regulations and operates dual cGMP manufacturing facilities in California, USA and Tokyo, Japan. The company's consultative philosophy combined with expertise in cell culture and compliance provides customers with unique capabilities and support. For over 40 years Irvine Scientific has remained uniquely flexible and focused on media while becoming a strategic global leader in media products and services. Additional information can be found at www.irvinesci.com.
Santa Ana, CA
Mon, 15 May 2017 14:54:04 PDT