Academic Coordinator- School of Humanities Program in Academic English/ESL
Open May 16th, 2017 through June 15th, 2017
If you apply to this recruitment by June 15th, 2017, you will have until June 16th, 2017 to complete your application.
PROGRAM IN ACADEMIC ENGLISH/ESL, UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, IRVINE
Title: Academic Coordinator
Pending funding, the UC Irvine Program in Academic English/ESL anticipates hiring one or more Academic Coordinators in the Program in Academic English/ESL.
The service period begins 7/1/2017 - 6/30/2018.
• Ph.D. or M.A. degree in TESOL, Applied Linguistics, or a related field
• Minimum of three years of experience teaching advanced writing as well as reading and oral communication courses to undergraduate international students in a university program
• Record of ongoing professional development and achievement
• Expert knowledge of second language acquisition, academic literacy, language assessment, and composition pedagogy
• Publication and record of excellence in curriculum and materials development and assessment
• Outstanding professional, cross-cultural communication, and interpersonal skills
• Experience designing and delivering instructor professional development
• Experience teaching lower and upper-division composition in university settings
• Experience teaching graduate students
• Experience leading large scale curricula and assessment projects
• Experience designing and delivering materials for online coursework
• Experience teaching oral communication courses
Serve as the program's academic coordinator, which in addition to carrying out the responsibilities of lead instructor of two course levels, also includes participating actively in professional organizations, conducting language research pertinent to program needs, presenting program research at conferences and seminars, writing professional publications, contributing to the program's campus outreach efforts designed to help international students access their lower-division instruction, contributing to major efforts to transition students smoothly to Composition coursework, supervising instructors, which encompasses maintaining 15 consistent office hours each week in order to mentor instructors, plan, design and provide teacher professional development events, create instructor professional development modules and assessments for the program's teacher certificate project, and develop faculty course handbooks, developing and revising graduate and undergraduate-level Academic English curricula, student handbooks and related instructional materials, serving on the editorial board of the program's writing textbook, developing web-based resources and assessments, serving as faculty-student liaison, overseeing tutorial services for students, assisting in the hiring of instructors, tracking and monitoring student progress in the program, compiling statistical reports, participating in UC-wide Analytical Writing Placement Exam grading and developing and delivering special program projects.
Base annual salary of $49,500
APPLICATIONS should be submitted electronically at: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF03877
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position(s) are filled.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Job location Irvine, CA
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter
- Additional Documents (Optional)
- Additional Documents (Optional)
3 letters of reference required
HOW TO APPLY
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information
Get started: press Apply Now