Coordinator, Business Operations
University of Delaware
Job Title Coordinator, Business Operations
Job ID 104621
Location Newark, DE
Business Operations Coordinator- Division of Professional and Continuing Studies
PAY GRADE: 28N
DEADLINE: May 28, 2017
In cooperation with the academic colleges and departments, the University of Delaware (UD) Division of Professional and Continuing Studies (PCS) develops, delivers and administers selected online academic credit courses and degree programs, face-to-face and online continuing professional development certificates and courses, organizational learning solutions, and lifelong learning opportunities. Courses are offered face-to-face throughout Delaware and the Delaware Valley, as well as nationally and internationally through its online offerings. Operating in a financially self-supporting mode, the noncredit professional development certificates, courses, conferences and workshops at PCS provide educational programs that benefit individuals, communities and organizations.
Under limited direction of the Assistant Director, Business Development and Program Management this position performs complex business processes, including monetary transactions, for the operations of the noncredit registration area. The Coordinator, Business Operations provides exceptional customer service to prospects, helping them through the registration process, answering any questions that they have and linking them with needed resources. Principle emphasis is on monitoring and processing noncredit registration using University approved payment gateway. This position works closely with program coordinators and assists their staff with registration decisions and/or problems. The Coordinator, Business Operations requires making independent decisions and working closely with wide range of constituencies on and off campus, including the Registrar's office, Cashier's office, Accounts Receivable, General Accounting, and other University administrative units to solve financial problems. The position also works closely with the Division's student services office and the State of Delaware Department of Labor for scholarship availability.
• Provide exceptional customer service to prospects, helping them through the registration process, answering any questions that they have and linking them with needed resources.
• Oversee and administer the operation of the noncredit registration area of the Registration/CSI office, including data input, fee payments, billing, refunds, cancellations, confirmations, transcripts and all registration-related correspondence.
• Provide enrollment outreach, as needed
• Work with Program Coordinators and Marketing to insure that the proper registration procedures, web information and forms are being used and disseminated. Work closely with Program Coordinators and assist their staff with registration decisions or problems.
• Research, investigate, analyze and correct student-related registration problems and discrepancies within the registration system data.
• Reconcile and deposit fee payments, including CashNet transactions and electronic journal vouchers (JVs).
• Prepare and administer cash transmittals and invoices for billing of fees.
• Customize payment plans, when necessary.
• Responsible for implementing PCS refund policies.
• Work with Accounts Receivable to recover delinquent accounts.
• Oversee the maintenance of extensive detailed records for all noncredit courses, registrations, fees, refunds, billing, financial reports, and physical registration form.
• Maintain non-registered payment plan student records and comments to facilitate the CSI follow-up schedules and the Program Coordinator's prospecting of inquiries.
• Train, update and oversee the accuracy of a miscellaneous wage support person.
• Maintain regular contact with Cashier's office, Accounts Receivable, General Accounting, and other University administrative units to solve financial problems.
• Work under limited supervision keeping the assistant director apprised of any areas of concern, problems, follow-ups or issues and tracks workflow and resolves problems relating to processes, procedures and deadlines.
• Work within database to create and maintain the database and perform calculations and embedding objects in addition to design, create and edit file structures; sort/filter tables; and create/modify queries.
• Create presentations that require developing layout, outline, slide presentation and handouts to create original presentations.
• Provide back-up support for other administrative assistants in the Professional Development team on an as-needed basis.
• Serve in the Divisional or University committees, as assigned.
• Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
• Adhere to University of Delaware standards, policies and procedures.
• Minimum of a high school diploma or GED, Bachelor's degree preferred, and five years of experience.
• Experience with University of Delaware student information systems and familiarity with University course scheduling procedures and financial policies preferred.
• Work experience in an institute of higher education preferred.
• Ability to analyze and interpret data, make independent decisions and judgments in keeping with level of the position.
• Extensive knowledge of University of Delaware office practices and procedures.
• Assist in training, assigning and checking the work of miscellaneous wage employee, including Payroll UD Time and lead worker in registration unit.
• Superior interpersonal, communication and written skills to work with internal and external stakeholders and to interact well with people of all ages and diverse backgrounds are necessary.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially in Excel, required.
• Proficiency in industry standard databases preferred.
• Must be thorough, detail-oriented, self-directed and well organized.
• Ability to work as a member of the Professional Development Team.
• Event/Conference support experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from Minority Group Members, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans. The University's Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html