Publisher's Assistant (admin/office jobs) Job Title: Publisher's Assistant
Location: Salt Lake City, UT 84106
Local Publishing Company has an immediate opening for Publisher's Assistant. This individual will primarily provide administrative support to the Publisher, as well as to a team of Sales Executives. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: writing sales proposals for current and/or potential advertisers, keeping e-mail and phone correspondence with clients regularly, creating contracts with company software, preparing weekly sales agendas and taking meeting minutes, maintaining a deadline-heavy calendar, etc. Other tasks include answering phones on a multi-line system, maintaining magazine distribution lists, proofreading, printing, fax, and so on. Individual must have excellent writing, communication and organization skills and the ability to handle multiple deadlines in a time-sensitive environment. If interested, please send resume with cover letter.
- High school diploma or GED required, some college education or formal training preferred, Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, or related field is a plus
- At least one to two years experience providing administrative support to an individual and/or team
- Seasoned proficiency in Microsoft Word, including formatting, etc.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, including layouts and basic mathematical formulas
- Experience working with Facebook, Constant Contact, or other CRM programs, Google Chrome, G-mail, Google Calendar a plus
- Type 40+ WPM
- Strong business writing skills required
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple deadlines in a time-sensitive environment required
- Ability to operate and troubleshoot office machinery (phone, fax, printer, scanner)
- Ability to learn quickly in an often fast-paced environment
- Professional and friendly demeanor towards clients, visitors, and other employees
- Exceptional attendance and dependability required.
Employer: Mills Publishing, Inc. No phone calls.
Days Off: Sat, Sun
Work Schedule: 9 to 5
Mills Publishing offers a premium selection of targeted advertising opportunities with many of Utah's distinguished art groups, professional organizations, local universities, festivals, and other events. The Company publishes playbills, special event programs, trade journals and periodic publications. Established 1977.
Salt Lake City, UT
Sun, 23 Apr 2017 09:21:16 PDT