Food Service Sanitation Laborer
Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 05-15-2017
The Department of Event Management, Dining, and Hospitality is one of 12 departments within the Division of Student Affairs. It provides the campus community and guests with high-quality, efficient, and innovative event services and dining options in a variety of settings dedicated to accentuating and enhancing the campus experience in a diverse community.
This position may also assist in other tasks that require manual labor, including storage of food and kitchen equipment.
Whether it's to find a place to study, gather with friends, enjoy a bite to eat, or plan a large event, the Department of Event Management, Dining, and Hospitality takes great pride in providing welcoming and inclusive spaces, high-quality food services, and experienced and professional staff who care about making every experience individualized and extraordinary. It is our philosophy to recruit, inspire, and retain talented team members and promote wellness and foster their development. It is our goal to promote a more fully diverse and inclusive campus community.
1. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
2. A final candidate must complete a post-offer pre-employment physical exam. Employment is contingent on the successful result of the pre-employment physical.
1. One (1) year of work experience in custodial work or any other responsible work experience demonstrating the relevant knowledge, skills and abilities.
2. Full knowledge and acceptance of principles of diversity.
3. Knowledge of use and operation of cleaning materials, methods and equipment; basic understanding of sanitation and safety procedures.
4. Good communication skills; ability to read and write; ability and willingness to follow oral and written instructions and work independently.
5. Excellent interpersonal skills, flexibility, and the ability to produce results working as part of a team or committee.
6. Basic mechanical ability; ability to do heavy lifting.
7. Ability to train and instruct student employees.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES NEEDED TO UNDERTAKE JOB
1. Knowledge of use and operation of cleaning solutions and equipment
2. Basic knowledge of food sanitation methods
3. Ability to move heavy objects
4. Ability and willingness to follow instructions
5. Basic mechanical ability
6. Basic math and reading skills
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.