Field Service Technician (Solar Company)
If interested please APPLY to our Careers page website:
The Solar Service Technician is responsible for performing preventative and corrective maintenance, system commissioning, troubleshooting and generally maintaining customer owned and commercial solar assets. The Service Tech role is responsible for managing time and resources so that O&M customers are serviced promptly and effectively.
- Electrical troubleshooting of residential and commercial projects
- Preventative and corrective maintenance on residential and commercial PV systems
- Initial commissioning and startup of residential and commercial PV projects
- Module cleaning
- Working at heights
- Adherence to safety procedures
- Process improvement and innovation
- Electronic monitoring set-up
- Light estimating duties for corrective maintenance
- Emergency service calls (after hours work sometimes required)
- Occasional out of state site visit (25%-50%)
- Ability to lift 50-100 lbs.
A person with a strong back ground in electrical installation and /or solar electrical systems, and customer service is preferred. A successful candidate will have strong organizational and customer service skills. Experience working on residential and commercial construction projects is desired.
Educational, professional and/or other requirements:
- Strong understanding of electrical theory and applications
- 2-3 years of electrical and/or solar experience required
- Knowledge of NEC, UBC and other building codes a plus.
- High school graduate
- Ability to innovate and improve operations and solve complex problems
- Positive attitude and energy desired
1st Light Energy Inc. is one of the fastest growing residential and commercial solar power companies in the country. We market, sell, and install solar photovoltaic systems that allow homeowners and businesses to save money on their electricity bills all the while converting to a clean, renewable source of energy that is good for the environment. We are growing quickly and are looking for a hard working team member.
South Plainfield, NJ
Mon, 15 May 2017 13:04:04 PDT