Statistician - Location: San Diego, CA or Scottsdale, AZ
Location: San Diego, CA or Scottsdale, AZ or Remote
The Statistician will be responsible for developing, regulating, and validating statistical models. This position will analyze various portions of our patient population and work independently to develop all stages of the models; including designing control groups, determining outliers, analyzing data, finding outliers, and identifying areas of improvement for the company. Candidate must also be able to build predictive models, understand the core assumptions, and explain the outcomes of these models to senior management. This position will also be involved with measuring the efficacy of predictive algorithms and outpatient interventions.
- Collaborates with business partners to provide advice on metrics, statistical methods and research design for development and evaluation of projects and programs.
- Negotiates and influences sound business decisions by applying knowledge of research methods and principles, industry standards and trends and business perspective.
- Develops and participates in presentations and consultations to existing and prospective constituents on information services, capabilities and performance results.
- Directs the development of statistical/analytical procedures, processes, policies, data reports and/or products and quality metrics that support internal and external constituents.
- Provides thought leadership and direction for analytic solutions, tools and studies.
- Perform tests on the accuracy and interpretability of the models
- Develop result reports to be used for improvements in business performance
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Statistics or similar field of study
Required Skills and Abilities:
- 3+ years of Statistical modeling, required
- Experience presenting complex statistical information to non-statisticians, required
- Proven ability to proficiently data mine, required
- Experience with linear regression and predictive modeling, required
- Experience with qualitative and quantitate data analysis and reporting, required
- Experience with SQL or other relational databases, required
- Experience with clinical trials or clinical outcomes analysis, a plus
- Healthcare industry experience, preferably with a health plan, a plus
- Experience with Alteryx or SAS, a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Expert level attention to detail and organizational skills
- Experience with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent collaboration skills across departments and roles
- Proven ability to proactively manage multiple priorities
- Knowledge of health care industry, policy, research design, univariate and multivariate statistical analyses, predictive modeling, case-mix
- Knowledge of clinical risk adjustment, multivariate analyses, epidemiology or health economics research methods
Supervisory Responsibility: No supervisory responsibilities.
Travel Requirements: Will require up to 25% travel
Work Conditions: General office environment.
The preceding functions may not be comprehensive in scope regarding work performed by an employee assigned to this position classification. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of this position. Management also reserves the right to make reasonable accommodations so that a qualified employee(s) can perform the essential functions of the position.
Matrix Medical Network is Proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
"All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans".
Matrix Medical Network is headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, with a national clinical organization. Matrix provides high-touch, in-home care to help health plans balance cost and revenue, grow membership and improve quality of care.
Mon, 15 May 2017 09:55:04 PDT