Operations and Procurement Specialist
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine - Department of Cell and Developmental Biology
Operations and Procurement Specialist
Position #732888 - Requisition #09286
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The School of Medicine - Department of Cell and Developmental Biology has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Operations and Procurement Specialist position.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
This position is a full-time administrative position in the Department of Cell and Developmental Biology in the School of Medicine on the Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora. This position will provide executive administrative and human resources support, project management, budget management, and will serve primarily as the procurement specialist for the Department. The responsibilities of this position are the management, development, implementation and oversight of all procurement functions for all Cell and Developmental Biology faculty, postdoctoral fellows, research associates, graduate students, and hourly employees and staff, in accordance with the policies and procedures of the Department, School of Medicine and University. This position will manage HR business activities, complete financial analysis, and interpret policies and procedures related to the Department and University. This position will create and execute processes to streamline and improve financial activities within the department. Additionally, this role provides excellent customer service and establishes and maintains effective working relationships across the campus to represent the Department and the School of Medicine professionally and promote the values of collaboration and partnership.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience.
This position is not eligible for overtime compensation
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
- Bachelor's degree in business, business administration, finance, accounting , education, social sciences, healthcare administration, public administration, communications, information systems, or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
- 1 year of professional level experience overseeing and managing procurement transactions such as purchase orders, requisition requests, travel vouchers, and equipment inventory.
Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis.
- Experience working in a higher education or medical education environment.
- Experience with CU systems, PeopleSoft, CU Marketplace, CONCUR expense system, UPI, Faculty Affairs, and the Postdoctoral Office, with working knowledge of UCD policies and procedures.
- Experience analyzing and interpreting budgets, creating budget projections based on analysis, and developing financial reports.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Exceptional skills in prioritization, organization, and multitasking. Must demonstrate the ability to work independently and pro-actively under pressure of multiple deadlines and rapidly changing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to produce quality work with minimal error in work output. Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Review of application will begin on 4/24/2017 and will continue until the position is filled.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references)
Job Category: Business Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20091 - SOM-Cell and Devopmental Bio
Posting Date: May 15, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Estelle Brock
Posting Contact Email: Estelle.Brock@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00732888