Adpearance is seeking a Web Designer to join our Project Team. We are one of Portland's fastest growing companies with a portfolio of both local and national clients.
We tend to look for full-stack designers. Most of our designers are comfortable not just making beautiful designs and graphics, but also figuring out how a site should work and feel and turning their ideas into production-ready prototypes using HTML and CSS. We work with a variety of clients and want a candidate that can quickly transition from project to project.
If you join the team, you'll:
- Create production-level visual and interactive designs
- Participate in client presentations and internal feedback sessions
- Make prototypes and wireframes
- Work with Project Managers and our Marketing teams to research, strategize, and plan websites
Our ideal candidate:
- You're local. Applicant must live in the Portland, OR area and work out of our office.
- You have at least 3 years of web design experience. Apps and interactive products are super awesome, but we want to see that you've worked with websites specifically. How do you present and organize information? What UX considerations do you take account for ecommerce or catalog sites? What's it like working with a CMS? How do you design for different screens or browsers? How have you integrated business goals into your strategy?
- Your visual design is rock solid. You know the ins and outs of design fundamentals like color theory, typography, hierarchy, and layout. You know what Gestalt principles are and have opinions about dark patterns, best practices, and what "make it pop" or "clean design" means. People ask you to design their wedding invitations. You make other designers want to be you.
- You solve problems really well on your own. We don't like to micromanage here so we want our designers to be organized, independent, and puzzle enthusiasts. Issues are addressed before they become problems. You have a repertoire of resources for design inspiration, UX best practices, and emerging technologies. Things don't slip through the cracks on your watch and people know they can count on you to deliver.
- You're an efficient worker and designer. You constantly are on the look-out for ways to do things better or quicker and think about how your designs will scale in the future. You've heard the phrase, "Wow, you're fast" more than a couple of times.
- You've worked on a team before or contributed to an Open Source project. Our designers actively contribute to our front-end framework and pay attention to performance, clean code, and how a site works on different browsers or devices.
You'll be a good fit if:
- You've built successful responsive or mobile websites.
- You've used a framework like Foundation or Bootstrap or a modular system before to design your sites.
- You code with SASS or LESS.
You should include these in your application:
- Email your rsum and cover letter to jobs @ adpearance.com with "Web Designer" in the subject line.
- Include a link to your portfolio, Dribbble, Twitter, Github, etc.
- Walk us through a project you worked on that you're most proud of. What was your role? How did you measure success? What did you learn? If you could redo the project, what would you change?
- Salary commensurate with experience, plus quarterly success sharing
- Health, 401K-matching, generous PTO
- Annual Trimet pass
- Community partnership opportunities
- An awesome job that can grow with you
- A team environment with no egos or politics
- Delicious baked goods (on a semi-regular basis) and Fun Lunches (on an anytime basis)
Adpearance is a rapidly growing full-service digital marketing agency located in Portland, Oregon.
Mon, 15 May 2017 11:18:39 PDT