CLINICAL RESEARCH COORDINATOR - GASTROINTESTINAL - CANCER CENTER
JOB NO.: 90711-AS
Work Type: Staff Full or Part Time, Staff-Full Time, Staff-Part Time
Department: SMPH/CARBONE CANC CTR/CANC CTR
Categories: Health Care, Medical, Social Services, Laboratory Technician, Research Specialists, Office & Administrative Support, Quality, Risk Management and Compliance, Research, Scientific
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 90711-AS
Working Title: Clinical Research Coordinator - Gastrointestinal - Cancer Center
Official Title: SR RESEARCH SPEC(T16BN) or RESEARCH SPECIALIST(T16DN) or ASSOC RESEARCH SPEC(T16FN)
Hiring Department: A533400-MEDICAL SCHOOL/CARBONE CANC CTR/CANC CTR
FTE: 80% - 100%
Anticipated Begin Date: JUNE 05, 2017
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $35,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Bachelor's degree is required; preferred focus in biological or health sciences, health care, or related field.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
- Experience in clinical research or in a clinical setting is preferred.
- Prefix assignment will be determined by years of relevant work experience. A minimum of seven years of experience is required for appointment at the senior level.
The Research Specialist will join the Gastrointestinal Disease-Oriented Team (DOT) and report directly to the Gastrointestinal Clinical Team Manager at the University of Wisconsin Carbone Cancer Center (UWCCC). The Gastrointestinal DOT participates in Phase I, II and III oncology clinical research funded by national, federal and private sponsors. This position will interface with hospital personnel, inpatient and outpatient clinics and a referral network as necessary to identify, collect, and disseminate patient and protocol information. The selected candidate must demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills and an ability to work with patients and health care providers. The incumbent will work independently and as part of a group on multiple projects simultaneously, prioritizing projects based on deadlines and interdisciplinary collaboration.
- Attention to detail, time management and excellent organization will be critical to the success of this position.
- TB testing and a Caregiver Background Check will be required at the time of employment.
- The incumbent is expected to follow the policies, procedures, guidelines for excellence and professionalism established by the UWCCC and the University of Wisconsin. Additionally, this position will assure that all clinical research activity adheres to Federal, State, and University policies, procedures and requirements.
- Work experience should demonstrate dependability, flexibility, and maturity. Candidates must be effective at building interpersonal relationships with constructive interactions, be clear and effective communicators, promote and create collegial environments that value accountability. Employees will also be expected to uphold UWCCC core values as defined below:
Respect: Demonstrate respect for self and others -- behave professionally
Integrity: Act with integrity and honesty.
Teamwork: Commit to and demonstrate teamwork.
Excellence: Ensure excellence, quality, and high ethical standards in conduct and performance.
The School of Medicine and Public Health has a deep and profound commitment to diversity both as an end in itself but, also as a valuable means for eliminating health disparities. As such, we strongly encourage applications from candidates who foster and promote the values of diversity and inclusion.
Instructions to applicants:
Please upload your cover letter and resume. In your cover letter, please explain how your experience relates to this position description.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: 15 May 2017 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: 29 May 2017 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time