ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF CLINICAL SERVICES
JOB NO.: 90692-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Categories: Health Care, Medical, Social Services, Other
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 90692-AS
Working Title: Associate Director of Clinical Services
Official Title: SR CLIN SOCIAL WORKER(R58BN) or CLIN SOCIAL WORKER(R58DN) or SR COUNSELOR(R72BN) or COUNSELOR(R72DN) or SR PSYCHOLOGIST(T08BN) or PSYCHOLOGIST(T08DN)
Hiring Department: A572570-UNIV HEALTH SERVICES/CCS/COUNSELING
Anticipated Begin Date: JULY 01, 2017
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $69,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
For Counselor or Social Worker Title: Master's degree in Social Work, Counseling or other related mental health field
For Psychologist Title: Doctoral degree in Counseling or Clinical Psychology
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
Minimum of five years experience in a mental health treatment setting required.
Minimum of three years demonstrated leadership experience in a mental health setting required.
Strongly preferred experiences of the candidate include:
1) Experience in a college or adolescent/young adult mental health treatment setting;
2) Experience with personnel supervision;
2) Expertise in consultation and collaboration within an interdisciplinary mental health treatment setting;
3) Evidence of service delivery model creation, implementation, and maintenance;
4) Experience monitoring and adjusting service delivery flow related to utilization;
5) Knowledge of electronic health record systems;
6) Extensive knowledge of state and federal legal and ethical confidentiality requirements;
7) Evidence of quality improvement initiatives;
8) Evidence of self-motivated, self-directed, personal, and professional commitment to
multiculturalism and serving underrepresented/underserved college or adolescent/young adult populations;
9) Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with persons of diverse socio-economic, racial/ethnic, international, and LGBTQ identities;
10) Experience in mental health crisis assessment, triage, and brief intervention;
11) Experience in conducting assessments in the areas of eating disorders, substance use and Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder;
12) Supervision of trainees; and
13) Interest in Behavioral Health consultation to primary care providers.
Strongly preferred qualities of the candidate include:
3) Ability to manage and resolve conflict;
4) Strong oral and written skills;
5) Commitment to professionalism;
6) Ability to bring staff together toward teamwork and collaboration;
7) Attention to detail;
8) Ability to accommodate large quantities of information, think critically, and act decisively;
9) Commitment to evidence-based practices.
License or certificate:
Licensed or must be immediately license eligible to practice in Wisconsin as a Psychologist, Licensed Professional Counselor, Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, or National Certified Counselor.
You can review Wisconsin licensing requirements at http://go.wisc.edu/5orlvm
Under the direction of the Co-Director of Mental Health Services, the Associate Director of Clinical Services is responsible for providing oversight of clinical services within Mental Health Services (MHS). The Associate Director of Clinical Services serves as a member of the Mental Health Services Leadership Team and is a Team Manager within UHS.
Please note: Start date will be no earlier than the Anticipated Start Date noted, but may be later. Salary posted is the minimum. Experience will be considered.
Instructions to applicants:
Please make sure your cover letter references your licensing status.
Click the Apply Online link above or below to apply. You will be required to create an account or login to an existing account. Please upload a cover letter and resume or CV to apply.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: 15 May 2017 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: 12 Jun 2017 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time