Assistant Professor Health Information Systems
Faculty for HCIS program to teach various sections of Health Care Information Systems (HCIS prefix) courses as needed to meet full-time faculty workload requirements. Responsibilities include flexibility to teach day and evening courses with both classroom and online delivery within learning management system. Plan, organize and provide instruction to enhance student learning experience for rapidly changing health IT industry. Participate in college, division and program activities. Support college policies and procedures and contribute to the growth and enhancement of college mission and programs.
- Master's degree in related field OR Bachelor's degree with equivalent industry experience.
- Experience with electronic medical record systems.
- Must have high proficiency in office and communication technology.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Experience with learning management systems.
- Experience in productive team environment.
- Self-motivated and reliable to accomplish tasks and goals with quality results.
- Demonstrated current industry knowledge and ability to share with various audiences and presentation methods.
- Proven ability to grow a program and work with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong working knowledge of Cerner Millennium EHR software
- Work experience with electronic health records systems, learning management systems,
- Extensive knowledge of health IT industry policies and national initiatives (ONC, CMS, HRSA.)
- Training experience, especially with electronic health records systems.
- Experience with distance learning technologies, including video-conferencing.
- Clinical knowledge and experience working in a healthcare system or vendor-related setting.
Click here for a summary of our benefit information. For a summary of our adjunct faculty compensation, click here.
In accordance with the college policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. Individual hiring departments at JCCC may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process. Many departments require those selected for hire to submit a certified transcript for all degrees obtained.
For full consideration, applicants are encouraged to apply prior to the review date listed in posting.
Johnson County Community College welcomes the application of any qualified candidate and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or other factors that cannot be lawfully considered.
If you are an applicant requesting assistance or a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 913-469-3877, or email.
For a summary of all disclosures (Background check, Clery Act, ADA, EOE, etc) refer to the links on our Career page.
Overland Park, Kansas, United States
Competitive rate of pay. Eligible for JCCC tuition reimbursement plan, voluntary tax sheltered annuity, use of Lifetime Fitness Center, JCCC Hiersteiner Child Development Center, and Staff Development.
For full consideration apply before
May 22, 2017
Hours per Week
Days or Evenings Hours Varies
REQUIRED with application: o Resume o Unofficial Transcripts Certified transcripts will be required if selected. Applicants selected for interview will give a 15 minute mini-lesson on a topic to be determined.