Research Data Assistant-Institutional Effectiveness-reposted
Department: Institutional Effectiveness
Locations: Boston, MA
Posted: May 15, '17
Ref No.: NUP-Grant
About Bunker Hill Community College:
Bunker Hill Community College is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, Massachusetts, in nearby Chelsea, Massachusetts, and at three satellite locations in the Greater Boston area. Recently re-certified as a Leader College by Achieving the Dream, BHCC is part of the Massachusetts public higher education system, which includes 15 community colleges. Founded in 1973, BHCC is the largest community college in Massachusetts, serving more than 14,000 students each semester across all modes of instruction. The College offers more than 100 certificate and degree programs that prepare students to enter four-year institutions or to enter the workforce prepared for better and more highly skilled jobs. Sixty-seven percent of students are people of color and more than 50 percent are women.
We are looking for individuals aligned with our institutional values of access and success, excellence and innovation, economic and social justice, inclusiveness and equity, civic engagement and service, kindness and respect, and accountability and transparency. Individuals with a dedication to a dynamic educational environment, investment in the social and economic well-being of all, and belief in student-centered learning in an engaging, supportive environment are sought to fill the following position.
Living in Boston
Boston prides itself on being one of the most livable cities in America. Twenty-one diverse neighborhoods offer more than 600,000 residents the opportunity to taste, touch, and experience things from all over the world. Neighbors benefit from exceptional medical facilities, vibrant neighborhood business districts, and a solid network of parks, community centers, and libraries. For more information about Boston go to: http://www.cityofboston.gov/residents.
Provide research support for the Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Bunker Hill Community College with a primary focus on the reporting requirements for grant funded projects. Assist with research projects; collect, compile, verify, analyze, and summarize data; prepare reports; assist in preparation of spread sheets, charts and tables for publications and presentations, conduct research on topics as designated; assemble and distribute reports and information. Partial grant funding expires September 30, 2018 with remaining funding through 2021; employment beyond the expiration of grant funding would be pending availability of funds.
- Bachelor's degree in social/behavioral science, STEM or other field requiring analytical skills. Master's degree preferred
- Experience with quantitative data analysis
- Knowledge of qualitative data analysis
- One year of professional experience, preferably in higher education, working on research projects and data reporting including
- collecting, compiling, checking, and analyzing data; preparing tables and charts using word processing and spreadsheet software such as Microsoft Excel and Word
- Experience preparing data presentations using Microsoft PowerPoint
- Proven ability to work with a diverse faculty, staff and student population
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects in a fast paced environment independently as well as part of a team
- Familiarity with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems, preferably Ellucian/Colleague, and confidential data
- Experience with business intelligence systems
- Working knowledge of SPSS/SAS or similar statistical software
Salary: $50,000.00/yr. (Grant-funded)
Review Date: To Ensure Consideration Application Materials Must Be Received By June 1, 2017.
Submit Cover Letter and Resume Addressing the Required Qualifications to: https://bhcc.interviewexchange.com. Fax transcript files over 2 MB to (617)-228-3328.