Assistant Athletic Trainer
Nestled in a beautiful valley in the Southern Tier of New York, Alfred State has a long tradition of drawing the best faculty and staff from every field. This College of Technology offers outstanding opportunities in more than 70 majors, where project-based learning, sustainability, and civic engagement are cornerstones of the curricula. When students work on real-world problems, they learn how to think, not what to think, and they learn how to be involved in their community. That is why Alfred State graduates have a 99 percent employment and transfer rate.
Our faculty is dedicated to teaching and the academic success of our students. Alfred State seeks educators who are student-centered and engage in the life of the College. Our tenure process emphasizes teaching and university service with a more flexible approach to scholarship and professional growth. For faculty interested in research, the college maintains a teacher-scholar program to support research including applied research that complements our emphasis in experiential learning, civic engagement and sustainability.
Location: Alfred, NY
Posted: May 15, '17
The Assistant Athletic Trainer is responsible for assisting the Head Athletic Trainer with all aspects of the athletic training program, which includes, but is not limited to overall injury prevention, evaluation, treatment, short-term and long-term rehabilitation, education and counseling, and athletics related health care administration for all 19 intercollegiate sports.
Detailed Statement of Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide emergency medical evaluation, treatment, and injury triage to student athletes during practice and/or competition
2. Provide daily injury prevention, on-site evaluation, treatment and rehabilitation of student-athletes
3. Provide coverage to intercollegiate athletic practices and contests as directed by the Head Athletic Trainer- travel with teams as assigned
4. Keep up to date confidential medical records, including, but not limited to patient history, daily treatment records, injury reports and physician referrals
5. Utilizes medical referrals as required with guidance from Team Physician
6. Assist with the inventory, receiving, and stocking of all athletic training supplies and equipment
7. Works harmoniously with coaches, athletic department staff, student-athletes, and team physician.
8. Communicate with appropriate athletic staff regarding status of injury and participation capabilities
9. Supervise student athletic training staff as designated by the Head Athletic Trainer
10. Maintains compliance with all current regulations
11. Takes an active role in the development of the department's strategic and operational plans as required and works closely with Head Athletic Trainer to develop and implement operational goals that support departmental success
Required Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree. NATA certified, NYS licensed or ability to obtain prior to start date, First Aid, CPR, experience working with student athletes at the collegiate level, willingness and ability to travel in support of teams as directed, excellent communication skills; both written and verbal, ability to work a flexible schedule and work nights and weekends
Preferred Qualifications: Master's Degree in relevant field, knowledge of SportsWare online, experience supervising student athletic trainers
Pursuant to University policy, Alfred State College is committed to ensuring equal employment, education opportunity, and equal access to services, programs, and activities without regard to an individual's race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, gender characteristics, marital status, veteran status, military status, domestic violence victim status, or ex-offender status. Employees, students, applicants or other members of the University community (including but not limited to vendors, visitors, and guests) may not be subjected to harassment that is prohibited by law or treated adversely based upon a protected characteristic.
All applicants are subject to a criminal, employment, and educational background check.
Applicants interested in positions may access the Annual Security and Fire Safety Report for the College at http://www.alfredstate.edu/student-services/annual-security-and-fire-safety-report. Crime statistics are reported in accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act. Applicants may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the SUNY Alfred State College University Police Department at 607-587-3999.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and resume.