Computer Support Specialist II/UKHC
The Department of Anesthesiology seeks an individual to provide departmental technical support in a variety of functions including providing maintenance and support with the department internal and external CME's such as Joomla!, WordPress and Sharepoint; instructing faculty and staff as needed during shifts in technology trends; assisting with the department Sharepoint, Wiki and custom web components as they pertain to education and learning management systems (LMS) such as Canvas.
The successful candidate will have working knowledge of database design and SQL for inventory and custom projects; working knowledge of Windows Server, networking essentials, security and modern operating systems configuration with an Active Directory infrastructure; creative content experience with the Adobe CS family of products & modern pc hardware; and general knowledge of web related technologies (i.e. domains, protocols, cloud, client-side and server-side technologies).
Computer Support Specialist II/UKHC
7H133:ANESTHESIOLOGY - ICU
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
sitting, standing, lifting pulling of pushing objects up to 50 lbs
Monday-Friday days, other shifts as needed
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Bachelor's plus 3 years
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Do you have paid employment experience working in a University medical academic environment?
- * How many years of experience do you have in a customer service setting?
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Do you have paid employment experience assisting others using technology?
- * Describe your past use of and proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite applications.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter