Administrative Services Assistant
The College of Pharmacy is seeking an Administrative Support Assistant/Associate to support the Institute for Pharmaceutical Outcomes and Policy (IPOP).
This position will oversee IPOP's contracts with the Department for Medicaid Services (DMS) Payroll/HR Unit activities. This includes executing all phases of employment (hiring) process, creating offer letters, onboarding new hires, entering Personnel Action Requests (PARs), completing separation sheets and time administration for bi-weekly payroll. In addition, this position will update employee staff cost distributions to the appropriate cost center(s)/grant(s) as needed. Monitor employee payroll postings to ensure each employee is charging the correct cost center(s)/grant(s) each pay period. Assist with the calculation of salary disbursement dollars for IPOP Medicaid contracts.
Responsible for the overall planning, execution, tracking and documentation of Medicaid contract research projects from design to implementation and outcomes reporting. Develops and manages data reports and communication venues for collaboration and informational purposes.
Develop, plan and schedule project research timelines, milestones and deliverables. Identifies, enters, manages, and analyzes data from information systems as directed.
Administrative Services Assistant
7K725:INSTITUTE FOR PHARMACEUTICAL OUTCOMES AND POLICY
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Sitting for long periods of time. Frequent computer and phone use.
Monday - Friday.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How many years of paid experience do you have creating payroll assignments and processing payroll?
- More than 0 years, but less than 1 year
- More than 1 year, but less than 3 years
- More than 3 years, but less than 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Please select the answer that best describes your years of paid, full-time employment experience in project management.
- More than 0, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years, up through 7 years
- More than 7 years
- * Please select the response that best represents your years of paid, full-time employment experience in human resources support, recruiting, hiring and/or time management.
- more than 0, up through 1 year
- more than 1 year, up through 3 years
- more than 3 years, up through 5 years
- more than 5 years
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter