Veterinary Assisting Instructor: Part-Time Days-Spokane
Carrington College is looking for a highly skilled, passionate Veterinary Assistant to teach part-time days (Tuesday and Thursday 8:00am to 12:00pm) for our Veterinary Assisting program in Spokane, WA. If you love what you do and want to expand your experience in your current field, consider sharing your passion with students eager to learn about the Veterinary Assisting profession. As an instructor at Carrington College you will be responsible for delivering a quality educational experience for the students in the Veterinary Assisting courses that you teach through ensuring that curriculum is up-to-date, that effective delivery methods are employed, and that all students are treated in a fair and equitable manner.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Interacts effectively and professionally with students, staff, faculty, and external customers of Carrington College including Advisory Board members and externship and other off campus sites.
- Exceptional customer focused skills. Ability to address student needs and resolve issues with diplomacy and tact.
- Interpersonal skills including questioning, listening and showing concern and respect for others.
- Solid writing skills to communicate effectively in memos, letters, and via email.
- Excellent verbal communication skills including ability to project voice and be clearly understood when speaking in front of a group.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Possess a high degree of integrity and commitment to comply with policies, regulations, and codes of conduct governing all aspects of job responsibilities.
- Commitment to the success of the students and the school.
- Computer literacy skills including working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Associate's degree required.
- A minimum of three years of field experience.
- Licensed Veterinary Technician (CVT, RVT or LVT) in WA preferred
- Must demonstrate competency in the assigned teaching field, such as academic or vocational training.
- Teaching and/or supervisory experience desirable.