Office Assistant - Catering
Office Assistant - Catering
Posting Number: 20171366S
Position Type: Staff
Recruitment Type: Internal/External Applicants
Work Schedule: FT/12 Month
Performs a full range of office and administrative tasks for Catering. Responsible for booking events, ordering linens, flowers and other supplies as needed. Responsible for all invoices for Catering. Works events as scheduled. This person will work with management, co-workers, and staff to instill and foster the value of the Villanova Mission Statement and the Dining Services Mission Statement. This person will focus on our Core Values: Safety and Sanitation, Friendly Courteous Service, Quality, Meticulous Attention to Detail, and Safety. All of our employees should improve our systems and overall operation by evaluating all work processes.
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for booking events (via email and phone) with the customers and entering information into Events Master . Orders linen, flowers and other rentals/supplies for events.
- Acts as communication liaison between sales, production and execution teams to ensure that the customer’s vision is accomplished. This includes emailing new contracts and placing any updates or new contracts on the communication wall in the Catering kitchen. Develops floor plans and time lines to improve communication flow.
- Responsible for invoicing for Catering. Matches all invoices/packing slips to the purchase orders through CBORD. Submits all invoices for approval through Concur for items not paid through CBORD. Reconciles procurement cards for the catering department.
- Handles all clerical duties for the catering team. Orders all office supplies, answers phones, and maintains office files. Orders uniforms for the catering department.
- Assigned to events as scheduled. Will need to be flexible.
- Perform additional duties and assist with special projects as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Knowledge of computers and Microsoft office programs.
- Minimal 2 years of general office experience and/or experience in catering.
- Excellent oral and written skills. Excellent
Strong organizational and interpersonal skills. Ability to work independently.
- Computer , copier, fax, phones. Ability to use basic kitchen equipment.
- Previous catering experience.
- ServeSafe Certified
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours
- Ability to sit/stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to withstand extreme temperatures.
- Ability to use various chemicals.
- Ability to lift, push or pull up to 30 lbs independently.
Special Message to Applicants
Monday to Friday 8;30 AM - 4:30 PM
*Schedule subject to change based on catering contracts and the needs of the department. Includes weekends and evenings. Flexibility is required.
Posting Date: 05/08/2017
Closing Date (12am ET):
Open Until Filled:
Salary Posting Information: Commensurate with experience
Salary Band: F
Job Classification: Non-Exempt
To apply, visit: https://jobs.villanova.edu/postings/11261
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values. Villanova University is committed to providing leadership in the attainment of equal employment for all individuals. It is the policy and practice of Villanova University to recruit and select applicants on the basis of their qualifications and abilities. This effort is in compliance with all federal and state laws, including Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1975, Executive Order 11246, and the Americans with Disabilities Act.