Coordinator of College Relations
Coordinator of College Relations
Posting Number: 20171360S
Position Type: Staff
Recruitment Type: Internal/External Applicants
Work Schedule: FT/12 Month
The Coordinator of College Relations will work with the Director of College Relations to develop and implement promotional strategies that distinguish the College from its peer schools to generate interest and awareness for Nursing's programs, initiatives and events; communicate effectively to its alumni, parents, prospective students, donors, clinical agencies and other constituents; and support the College's mission and goals. Responsibilities also include market research; event planning; alumni engagement; writing and editing for publications, advertising, collateral materials, the Web and social media.
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Strategic planning and implementation of promotional efforts: In collaboration with the Director, the Coordinator is responsible for assessing the demand and need for nursing education and working with program directors and recruiters to develop efficient, creative, budget-sensitive plans, in conjunction with approved media buyer as needed, while maintaining the College and University brands. Will utilize appropriate technology to communicate with prospects and analyze results. Monitor and report to various constituencies as requested. Create plans and handle event promotion including photography and videography as required, working with alumni groups, and make adjustments to website as needed. Will also assist with professional development programming and networking resources for students.
- Writing: The Coordinator writes and edits across various communication platforms, including publications, collateral materials, the Web, and social media. Promotional efforts must tell the College’s unique story, be aligned with plans and be consistent in messaging.
- Media Relations: The Coordinator, as needed, will assist the Director with media relations, which includes plans for showcasing student accomplishments, faculty research, service programs, and teaching stories that differentiate the College and enhance its reputation. The Coordinator may work with the Director and University Media Relations to promote or respond to opportunities around timely news topics. She/he also creates or assists in drafting news releases, media materials, and arranging interviews.
- Performs additional duties and works on special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism or related field required.
- At least 3-5 years previous experience in higher education and/or healthcare - experience with professional nursing a plus - with a focus on marketing, communications, management, and writing.
- The Coordinator must have an understanding of health care and nursing language, the nursing profession and education, as well as advertising, and electronic communications. He/She must have excellent writing, editing, journalism, and strategic communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal communications skills with the ability to maintain excellent internal/external relationships.
- Proficiency in all standard computer applications, including Microsoft Office products, particularly, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat, as well as social media and other emerging media, plus design and web content management tools.
- Candidate selected must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong attention to details and accuracy is critical. An understanding of strategic planning and budgets is important and the ability to think creatively is critical. S/he must be able to analyze data and communicate results clearly. Candidates must convey a highly professional demeanor and be a team player. S/he must have the ability to handle a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects/tasks with varied deadlines and frequent interruptions. Must be able to work independently as well as a proven team member and be a strong problem solver with strong organizational and interpersonal skills. Ability to work effectively within a diverse community with faculty, staff, students of all levels, alumni and other constituents, as well as vendors.
- Demonstration of a commitment to the Villanova mission.
- Background in health care preferred.
- Experience in engaging alumni preferred.
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours
- Ability to work evening and weekend events as needed
Special Message to Applicants
Posting Date: 05/04/2017
Closing Date (12am ET):
Open Until Filled:
Salary Posting Information: Commensurate with experience
Salary Band: H
Job Classification: Exempt
To apply, visit: https://jobs.villanova.edu/postings/11209
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values. Villanova University is committed to providing leadership in the attainment of equal employment for all individuals. It is the policy and practice of Villanova University to recruit and select applicants on the basis of their qualifications and abilities. This effort is in compliance with all federal and state laws, including Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1975, Executive Order 11246, and the Americans with Disabilities Act.