Posting Number: 20171359S
Position Type: Staff
Recruitment Type: Internal/External Applicants
Work Schedule: FT/12 Month
Department: 604 - University Advancement
The Research Analyst reports to the Associate Director of Prospect Research and serves as a key member of the University Advancement Operations team. The incumbent will be a leading contributor in aligning and leveraging data from the department's internal reporting systems (Cognos and SalesForce) as well as our department database (Banner), and also assist the Associate Director with wealth screening and other data projects. The Research Analyst will also support the Research office in conducting strategic research and analysis on leadership and major gift prospects, as well as corporate and foundation prospects and donors, and also in identifying and qualifying new prospects for the major gift pipeline. The Research Analyst will work closely with the Associate Director of Prospect Research and other University Advancement Staff on special projects including, but not limited to, proactive research initiatives and feasibility study. The incumbent will bring a high degree of professionalism to facilitate the achievement of University Advancement goals.
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in developing and implementing plans to ensure the successful use and communication of screening results and other data projects.
- Identify and manage data activities related to current and future screenings, including the implementation of results with regard to the departmental database and reporting systems.
- Provide detailed information and tracking data on the growth of the Research prospect pool.
- Use departmental, University, and other external sources, including online resources, to compile information and to identify and develop profiles and other forms of research on prospective donors and alumni leaders, using established guidelines to assess the financial positions of potential prospects. Also assist in providing event briefings for senior leadership.
- Identify and complete proactive research projects for various development initiatives and purposes. Work with major gift officers to establish request deadlines and manage work flow in a timely manner.
- Assist in the successful communication of research results on current and new or upgraded prospect via the Prospect Research Newsletter (PRN) to the appropriate audiences within University Advancement.
- Assist with various Records Management tasks to ensure that key research data is being updated and distributed in a timely manner.
- Assist in developing best practices in Prospect Research and recommend ways to create efficiencies as the University Advancement department grows, particularly through the use of existing technologies such as Cognos and SalesForce.
- Stay current on research trends, as well as data management trends as they relate to prospect research, through conferences and other professional development opportunities.
- Work on special ad hoc projects as needed by Research, Records Management, Prospect Management and/or other Operations areas.
- Perform additional duties and assist with special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- A strong understanding of Development industry standards in the area of prospect
research, as well as University structure, policies and practices.
- Ability to understand and interpret information from a variety of financial, legal, corporate, and governmental sources.
- Two or more years of relevant experience required, preferably in prospect research.
- Previous higher education or nonprofit experience preferred.
- Proficiency in synthesizing material from multiple sources and presenting in a clear, logical, and coherent manner.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects effectively and to communicate results in a timely and accurate manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and analytical/problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in working with relational databases and online and interactive Web-based research resources. Knowledge of existing and emerging prospect research resources, with emphasis toward using on-line and interactive resources.
- Must be able to work under the pressure of time and frequent requests from multiple sources.
- Must exercise good judgment when dealing with sensitive information.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint; experience with the integrated software suite, Banner, is a plus.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of Development industry system applications.
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours
Special Message to Applicants
Posting Date: 05/04/2017
Closing Date (12am ET): 5/26/2017
Open Until Filled:
Salary Posting Information: Commensurate with experience.
Salary Band: H
Job Classification: Exempt
To apply, visit: https://jobs.villanova.edu/postings/11442
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values. Villanova University is committed to providing leadership in the attainment of equal employment for all individuals. It is the policy and practice of Villanova University to recruit and select applicants on the basis of their qualifications and abilities. This effort is in compliance with all federal and state laws, including Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1975, Executive Order 11246, and the Americans with Disabilities Act.