Creative Services Coordinator
Creative Services Coordinator
Posting Number: 20171353S
Position Type: Staff
Recruitment Type: Internal/External Applicants
Work Schedule: FT/12 Month
Department: 651 - University Communication and Marketing - Creative Services
Through an understanding of photography and graphic design projects, the Creative Services Coordinator provides high-level operational and traffic support to Creative Services management. This includes managing intake portals, ensuring photography and design requests have the appropriate information for Creative Services team members to successfully execute project goals. In addition, the Creative Services Coordinator provides support to the Operations team and communicates regularly (both verbal and written) with the campus community, clients and University Communication and Marketing functional areas. He/she coordinates and maintains efficient systems for the University logo database, client education materials, and overall office organization, which includes managing supplies and facility requests.
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides high-level support to the Assistant Director, Operations and the Assistant Director, Creative for coordinating Creative Services projects, which includes meticulous record-keeping at project inception and closing for both the Photography and Design intake portals, ensuring requests have the appropriate information for Creative Services team members, timely verification and processing of invoices for payment and keeping vendor information current as required by University guidelines. The Creative Services Coordinator serves as the departmental liaison in all areas of Creative Services, including fielding phone inquiries and e-mails, responding to inquiries related to photography, design, billing, and logo usage. He/She communicates regularly (both verbal and written) with the campus community, clients and University Communication and Marketing functional areas.
- Provides operational support to the Assistant Director, Operations and the Assistant Director, Creative which includes billing support for both Photography and Design projects and their associated needs; updating the photography calendar; maintaining the Certificates of Insurance for freelancers and independent contractors; maintaining the University logo catalog; fulfilling University logo requests and maintaining the font license database.
- Coordinates and maintains efficient systems for office organization and supplies to facilitate the work of the Director of Creative Services and the Creative Services team members. Manages facility projects and facility management work requests. Deploys Creative Services Client Education materials to new and existing clients.
- Perform additional duties and assist with special projects as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- The individual selected must have 2 to 4 years of experience in an agency or in-house design environment.
- The individual must have thorough knowledge of day-to-day office management, meticulous attention to detail, ability to multi-task to meet deadlines, strong organization and project planning skills, an understanding of graphic design and a knowledge of commercial shoot production.
- The individual selected must have outstanding interpersonal, organizational, planning, prioritizing, and writing skills and be a team player. He/she will have a proven ability to consistently maintain a high level of discretion and professionalism. The individual must be a flexible, energetic self-starter who enjoys collaboration with a wide variety of constituencies. The individual must have a strong customer-service orientation and the ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. The individual must have a deep commitment to the well-being of the University and the advancement of its mission, and to serving the needs of a diverse community.
- ** Knowledge of PC and Mac computers. High proficiency in Microsoft Office and project management software.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Marketing or Communications is preferred.
**Experience in Adobe Creative Cloud preferred.
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours
Must be willing to occasionally work evenings, weekends and some holidays as circumstances arise.
Special Message to Applicants
Posting Date: 05/03/2017
Closing Date (12am ET): 6/30/2017
Open Until Filled:
Salary Posting Information: Commensurate with Experience.
Salary Band: G
Job Classification: Non-Exempt
To apply, visit: https://jobs.villanova.edu/postings/11189
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values. Villanova University is committed to providing leadership in the attainment of equal employment for all individuals. It is the policy and practice of Villanova University to recruit and select applicants on the basis of their qualifications and abilities. This effort is in compliance with all federal and state laws, including Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1975, Executive Order 11246, and the Americans with Disabilities Act.