Assistant Football Coach
Assistant Football Coach
The University of Mary Football Program is seeking applicants for the Assistant Football Coach. This is a full time, exempt position. The University of Mary is a NCAA Division II institution and participates in the very competitive Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
- Coordinate recruiting, including but not limited to communication, setting up visits, and follow-up meetings with potential student athletes
- Assists in monitoring the academic progress of student athletes
- Scout opponents
- Film break down
- Assist with the planning of practices and preparing for games
- Assist with managing the program budget
- Assist with organizing football camps and clinics
- Must adhere to all NCAA, NSIC and the University of Mary guidelines and annually pass the NCAA Recruiting test
- Aid Head Coach with all compliance forms and record keeping
- Attend community service events for both the Football program and General Athletic Department
- Assist when needed with game management of other varsity sports
- Assist with other duties as assigned
- Undergraduate degree required
- Master's degree preferred
- Must be highly motivated to coach
- Strong interpersonal skills and provide positive leadership in all aspects of the University of Mary and the football program
- Upholds and promotes the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
- Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities.
- Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the office of Athletics and throughout the university in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ.
University of Mary Marauders Athletics
The University of Mary is a member of NCAA Division II and the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference and offers eight varsity sports for women and eight for men. U-Mary became an active member of the NCAA in 2007. The process took only three years after the NCAA waived the final two provisional years, making the University of Mary’s transition to active membership one of the quickest in the organization’s history. The Marauders began competing in the NSIC in the fall of 2006.
Athletics at the University of Mary began in 1970 when Fritz Fell was brought on board to start a men’s basketball program. Al Bortke succeed Fell in 1973 as the men’s basketball coach and athletic director and over the next 36 years would develop an athletic program that enjoyed tremendous success at the NAIA level and later in NCAA Division II. After achieving a record of 335-156 in 16 years as the men’s basketball coach that included 11 20-win seasons, Bortke became U-Mary’s first full-time athletic director in 1989. During Bortke’s tenure, U-Mary grew from one varsity sport (men’s basketball) to 19, as the Marauders athletic program became a national power in the NAIA. A member of both the Marauders and NAIA athletic halls of fame, Bortke spearheaded the University of Mary’s move to NCAA Division II.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
We welcome your interest in joining the University of Mary. To apply, email a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to University of Mary, Attn: Human Resources, 7500 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504.
Equal Opportunity Employer