Associate Director of Admission for Operations
Butler University seeks a degreed professional to oversee the enrollment operations functions. Reporting to the Director of Admission, this individual is responsible for overseeing the applicant workflow for first year, transfer, graduate, and non-degree/visiting students. He/She will establish, maintain, evaluate and revise best practices in the execution of operational processes of the division, serving as project program coordinator and supervising professional counseling and/or administrative staff.
- Oversees applicant workflow (first year, transfer, grad, non-degree) using Slate CRM and PeopleSoft
- Manages/coordinates the admission decision release process (print, online, testing, queries, recording and tracking interactions, reporting, etc.)
- Oversees maintenance of (queries, application, organization, score, person, student groups, financial aid, upload, mapping, merges) modules within the system.
- Coordinates application updates including the Butler institutional application and the Common Application. Works in partnership with IT support as needed.
- Develops and maintains Slate CRM infrastructure for counselor outreach/campaigns which includes updating reports, queries, and forms/templates for staff
- Coordinates regression testing
- Coordinates interface between Slate CRM and PeopleSoft Student Information System.
- Supervises 3-4 administrative assistants
- Coordinates annual training of operations team in Slate CRM and PeopleSoft
- Collaborates effectively with IT and Marketing & Communications with application workflow, communication flow enhancements, and other operational processes
- Creates an operation manual for all processes within Operations
- May cover recruitment travel when needed (possibly 2-3 weeks throughout cycle)
- Assumes key program coordinator roles and liaison responsibilities
- Effectively communicates the mission of Butler University
- Ability to counsel constituents on the admission and financial aid process to support enrollment
- Proficient in generation of applications, application completion and comprehensive review of applications by territory and programs
- Demonstrates proficiency with the financial aid process
- Proficient in small and large group presentations
- Detail-oriented and good time management skills as applied to managing phone calls, emails, and university inquiries.
- Participates and supports student visit programs and admission events
- Proficient with budget management with programmatic responsibility
- Participates in professional development projects and conferences as assigned
- Communicates regularly with Director and other team members
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree; Masters preferred
- Minimum 5 years college admission experience, or other professional experience in working with database management and/or manipulation (knowledge of PeopleSoft, Slate or other Admission CRMs –Slate preferred)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including presentation skills
- Excellent organizational skills – detail oriented
- Previous experience managing/leading professional and/or administrative staff preferred
- Strong teamwork skills for providing solutions
- Flexibility in a changing environment
- Willingness to work extra hours and/or weekends when needed
- Valid U.S. driver’s license
Preference given to Butler graduates and/or those with extensive experience in admissions/enrollment management.
Applicants must submit:
- Completed Butler University Employment Application form available at https://www.butler.edu/sites/default/files/employee_application_form.docx
- Cover Letter
- Salary Requirement
- At least (3) professional references listing their name, contact information and how you know the individual
Application and completed support materials should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only completed applications will be considered.
Butler University is committed to enhancing the diversity of the student body and our faculty and staff. In addition hiring decisions are made on the basis of an individual's qualifications, past experience, overall performance, and other employment-related criteria. Butler University provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of age, gender, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.