Supervisor of Electricians 499539
Supervisor of Electricians 499539
Position Type: Staff
Position Number: 499539
Department: Facilities Management
Job Summary/Basic Function:
Provides supervision of skilled workers in the maintenance, repair, installation, of electrical and electronic systems throughout the university. Work involves the troubleshooting and diagnosis of malfunctioning equipment and make necessary electrical repairs. Position requires a person to work under general supervision with the ability to make independent judgements while making repairs. Must be able to work flexible hours.
Examples of work performed:
1. Plans, organizes and assigns work to skilled electricians.
2. Troubleshoots and determines proper repairs to equipment that has failed or malfunctioned.
3. Supervises the work assigned to others to assure work is done according to the work request and complies with applicable codes.
4. Evaluate the performance of employes assigned to supervision and perform annual evaluations.
5. Evaluate existing electrical systems and equipment and make recommendations for improvements or replacement of equipment.
6. Maintains records and prepares reports on repairs and service to plant equipment.
7. Prepares and maintains all administrative records required for the position to include time cards, daily time sheets, absenteeism forms, work orders material requests, requisitions for supplies and materials.
8. Perform all other related duties as assigned.
1. Possession of valid vehicle operator’s license
2. Graduation from high school and vocational training program to achieve journeyman electrician status.
Five years of progressively responsible experience in electrical work or any combination of experience and education that will provide the knowledge, skills, and ability to accomplish the work.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
1. Considerable knowledge of the principles, practices, materials, tools and equipment associated with the operation maintenance and repair of electrical systems and equipment.
2. Comprehensive knowledge of AC and DC electricity.
3. Ability to work independently with general direction for the electrical repair and maintenance of equipment.
4. Must possess a high level of interpersonal communications in order to interact effectively with people inside and outside of the university community to include inter and intra departmental representatives, university staff, students, and others.
5. Must have the ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions, to work from blueprints and schematics. Must have the ability to plan, organize and supervise the work of others.
6. Must be thorough and accurate in the development, preparation and execution of all documents related to the operation of the department.
Must have physical ability to perform physical work in uncomfortable conditions to include, heat, cold, high humidity, dust and dirt.
Lifting/Carrying: Rarely lifts a maximum of 75 pounds.
Pushing/Pulling: Push or pull assemblies up to 300 pounds.
Standing - regularly
Walking - regularly
Running - not required except in emergency situations.
Sitting - infrequently
Climbing - regularly climbs ladders up to 12 feet and stairways up to three floors.
Lamar University is proud to provide employment preference to veteran applicants in accordance with Texas SB 805, Section 657.003.
Security Sensitive Statement:
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.
Posting Date: 05/12/2017
Open Until Filled: Yes
To apply, visit https://jobs.lamar.edu/.
Lamar University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Lamar University not to discriminate on the basis of non-relevant criteria including, but not limited to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status in its educational programs, activities, admissions or employment practices.