Job Title: General Maintenance
Reports to: Assistant Director of Facilities
Status: Full-time, Hourly Staff (40 hrs/wk) 3:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m., Sat. – Wed.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains and services various areas of the College, including plumbing, painting, carpentry, plastering, cementing, repairs to flooring and tile.
- Requires the ability to drive a vehicle to visit job sites.
- Performs maintenance and repairs to buildings.
- Will be required to answer emergency calls.
- Requires indoor and outdoor work.
- Weekends and overtime work are required to support college events, activities and emergencies.
- Requires assisting with snow removal in inclement weather.
- Effectively interact with staff, students and faculty.
- May require walking long distances, standing for extended periods, twisting, bending, reaching and kneeling.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in maintenance related functions.
- Take direction from the supervisor.
- Ability to read and write in English, do basic math and follow instructions.
- Ability to read blue prints preferred.
- Ability to make working sketches.
- Work in a collaborative manner as part of the site team.
- Relate professionally with vendors, residents and co-workers.
- Communicate effectively with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Use maintenance, trade and testing equipment and tools.
- Comply with college policies and procedures.
- Flexible to change work plans.
- Maintain a professional personal appearance.
- Must have valid NYS driver’s license.
- Oversee work progress of vendors or outside contractors.
- Ability to lift up 50 pounds without assistance.