Job Title: Skilled Maintenance (HVAC Technician)
Reports to: Physical Plant Manager
Status: Full-time, Hourly Staff
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Inspects, troubleshoots, repairs, and operates all HVAC equipment to determine that all are functioning properly.
- Provide on-site expertise to solve HVAC related problems.
- Initiate, oversee, and perform Preventive Maintenance associated with HVAC equipment.
- Maintain and repair HVAC systems.
- Test efficiency of systems with instruments and make adjustments to thermostatic controls, fans, blowers and DDC controls. Lubricates compressors, motors and other moving mechanical parts.
- Test large systems before putting them into service/operation.
- Knowledge of local electrical, mechanical and building codes.
- Submit purchase order requests for equipment and supplies to Physical Plant Manager for approval.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Comply with all College policies and procedures.
- High School/Equiv. degree.
- Universal CFC certification.
- 4-5 years experience in HVAC system repair, troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, specifications and wiring schematics.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to effectively work with staff, contractors and fellow employees.
- Experience operating Johnson Controls METAYSY control panel and systems.
- Possess valid NYS diver’s license.