Assistant Men's Soccer Coach
Carthage College seeks an assistant Men’s Soccer Coach. This position is responsible for assisting the Head Coach in conducting the Men’s Soccer program for a competitive NCAA Division III college. This includes practice and game coaching, recruiting high potential student-athletes, assisting with the financial/budgetary aspects of the program, scheduling, and team travel.
A central part of this role is assisting the Head Coach and Director of Athletics to achieve the department’s overall objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with coaching student-athletes during practices and games and coordinate necessary logistics for each event.
- Mentor and evaluate student-athlete progress in the sport.
- Recruit high potential student-athletes who have proven solid academic success, athletic ability, and good citizenship.
- Prepare and teach courses within the department of Exercise and Sport Science or complete a replacement assignment as assigned by the Director of Exercise and Sport Science.
- Schedule practice times, weight room usage, laundry services, and travel arrangements with minimal disruptions and expense. Collaborate with other departments, facilities personnel, and referees to ensure proper event set-up, uniforms, and staffing.
- Plan and direct physical conditioning programs to support student athletes’ maximum performance.
Required Education, Experience, and Licensure
- Bachelor’s degree in exercise/sport science or a related field is required.
- Master’s degree in exercise/sport science or related field is preferred.
- Successful collegiate soccer team playing experience is preferred.
- Previous head or assistant soccer coaching experience at the high school, club, or collegiate level is preferred.
How to Apply
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. All applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, names and phone numbers of three references, and transcripts through the “Resume Upload” section of the link below:
Founded in 1847, Carthage College combines an environment of reflection and self-discovery with a culture of high expectation, so that our students uncover and ignite their true potential. As a four-year private liberal arts college with roots in the Lutheran tradition, we place a strong emphasis on both moral and intellectual values. Our prime location in Kenosha, Wisconsin, midway between Chicago and Milwaukee, allows students the opportunity to learn in a professional context. Our beautiful campus, an 80-acre arboretum on the shore of Lake Michigan is home to 150 scholars, 2,600 full-time students, and 400 part-time students. Our rich academic experience equips students with foundational knowledge and skills, preparing graduates to be lifelong learners and to lead meaningful, productive lives.
Carthage College is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse community. We welcome applications from a broad spectrum of people, including members of ethnic minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.