Office and Building Services Coordinator (Admin Executive Coordinator) - Macaulay Honors College
Inaugurated in the fall of 2001, Macaulay Honors College is dedicated to providing outstanding educational opportunities for academically gifted students from the five boroughs of New York City and beyond. The Macaulay Honors College program includes generous financial support for each student, including a full-tuition merit scholarship and an Opportunities Fund grant. In addition, the Honors College offers unique interdisciplinary seminars focusing on New York City, training in instructional technology, dedicated mentors and advisors, prominent visiting professors, internships, study abroad experiences, and a Cultural Passport that provides entre to the vast cultural resources of New York City. Macaulay operates in partnership with eight CUNY campuses: Baruch, Brooklyn, City, Hunter, John Jay, Lehman, Queens, and Staten Island; graduates are awarded a degree jointly conferred by Macaulay and their home campus. Currently, Macaulay Honors College has approximately 2,032 University Scholars enrolled on the eight campuses.
The Offices and Building Services Coordinator will report to the Director of Finance and Administration.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Coordinates operations on behalf of the college between Facilities and Public Safety.
- Maintains building space and entrance policies in conjunction with appropriate departments.
- Orders building and office supplies; orders additional supplies for events and departments as needed.
- Coordinates rental of building space to CUNY and/or outside entities including room reservations, invoicing, payment, ordering food, coordinating with Public Safety and Facilities.
- Maintains and updates the Reservations Calendar; responds to requests from students, student organizations, academic course scheduling, and all rentals and space requests.
- Coordinates staff events and other internal events/functions.
- Updates the staff calendar with departmental time and leave.
- Coordinates with visitors for events and communicates with Public Safety and coordinates catering needs.
- Serves as a liaison between departments regarding purchasing.
- Coordinates space reservations to facilitate complex and multipurpose use of space.
Bachelor's Degree required.
A preferred candidate should have:
- Experience with complex calendar management
- Experience in a higher education setting
- Ability to create a rapport with vendors and external renters
- Ability to troubleshoot and anticipate issues
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Provides administrative support to a Campus or University Executive.
- Coordinates office operations such as meetings, communications, events, and reports.
- Maintains extensive files and records for the unit.
- Maintains accurate calendars, schedules, and key dates.
- Collects data for, prepares, and distributes reports and presentations using appropriate technology. Runs basic system queries and reports to provide data.
- Updates office databases, lists, and files to ensure completeness and accuracy; maintains current information on department web site(s), manuals, and other materials.
- Provides clear communications on the Executive's behalf both within and outside the unit.
- May perform related duties as assigned; may participate in special projects and efforts to improve unit effectiveness.
Job Title Name: Administrative Executive Coordinator
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on "Apply Now" below which will bring you to the registration screen. If you are a new user, you must register to apply. If you already have a user ID, please use your existing ID to apply. Make sure to upload a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three (3) professional references (name, title, and organization) by the closing date. Please upload all documents in Word or PDF format.
June 9, 2017 (Revised)
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Graduate Center
Job Title: Office and Building Services Coordinator (Admin Executive Coordinator) - Macaulay Honors College
Job ID: 16669