Administrative Coordinator - Physician Assistant Program
Reporting to the Assistant Dean for the Physician Assistant Program, the Administrative Coordinator will primarily be responsible for functions involving student examinations, admissions, scheduling, and recruitment.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Create and maintain didactic exam schedule, and proctor didactic-year examinations. Coordinate with faculty/lecturers with the timely submission of exams. Transcribe and upload faculty exams into Exam Master. Support lecturers with proofreading, formatting and editing of exams. Assist faculty with printing and grading of exams.
- Assist in the admissions process of all program applicants. Review and preliminarily score CASPA applications, reconcile and upload documents.
- Assist the Recruitment Coordinator with the development and delivery of on-campus events and programs.
- Input departmental requisitions and follow up on financial payment to outside vendors.
- Coordinate payment for adjuncts and guest lecturers.
- Manage the reception area. Screen guests, phone calls and correspondence. Provide program/prerequisite information, instructions, and materials as requested by students, faculty and guests.
- Schedule student appointments and conference rooms.
- Participate in facilitation of PA student practicum examinations.
- Assist in the admissions process of all program applicants.
- Assist faculty and staff with projects as needed.
Bachelor's Degree required. Experience working in higher education is preferred.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Supports projects, initiatives, and activities that impact an academic or administrative department.
- Manages basic office functions such as communications, meeting schedules, work plans, staff assignments, and distributing information.
- Collects data for, prepares, and distributes reports and presentations using word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
- Updates office databases, lists, and files to ensure completeness and accuracy; maintains current information on department web site(s); maintains department archives and collections.
- Conducts internet and/or database research and performs basic systems queries to locate information related to department activities.
- Maintains department fiscal plans and budgets; assists in budget administration and invoice processing.
- Provides basic information, instructions, and materials as requested by students, faculty, and others who contact the department.
- May supervise office staff and student workers.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Administrative Coordinator
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID (16676) or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates must attach a resume, cover letter, and three professional references (name, title, organization, and contact information).
Open until filled with review of resumes to begin June 1, 2017.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: CUNY School of Medicine
Job Title: Administrative Coordinator - Physician Assistant Program
Job ID: 16676
Full/Part Time: Full-Time