Project Specialist (Admin Organizational and Business Effectiveness Specialist) - Office of Informa
The Graduate Center (GC) is the principal doctorate-granting institution of the City University of New York (CUNY). Offering more than thirty doctoral degrees from Anthropology to Urban Education, and fostering globally significant research in a wide variety of centers and institutes, the GC provides academic training in the humanities, sciences, and social sciences. The Graduate Center is also integral to the intellectual and cultural vitality of New York City. Through its extensive public programs, The Graduate Center hosts a wide range of events - lectures, conferences, book discussions, art exhibits, concerts, and dance and theater that enrich and inform.
Information Technology (IT) is the division of The Graduate Center responsible for voice, video, and data systems and services. The mission of this unit is to promote, facilitate, and support the effective use of technology in the learning process, in instruction and research, and in processing and accessing institutional information. IT is made up of three divisions and the Division of Administrative Services concentrates on delivering and supporting a suite of operational activities such as: budgeting, procurement, asset management, recruitment and personnel actions, project management, professional development, and IT assessments and administrative support for the entire department.
Reporting directly to the IT Project Portfolio Services Manager, the Project Specialist administers all aspects of the annual IT project portfolio including technical and administrative undertakings and initiatives using planning, monitoring and controlling processes to ensure success.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Manages technical and administrative projects, undertakings and initiatives; works with technical leads, sponsors, stakeholders and administrative staff to make planning assumptions.
- Provides support in identifying project scope, goals and deliverables, resources and timelines.
- Communicates business and technical objectives as they relate to project goals.
- Develops detailed plans and schedules for the scope of the project.
- Coordinates internal resources and third party vendors for the flawless execution of projects.
- Creates communication plans that detail how and when information will be shared with stakeholders, constituents, team members, etc. and drafts website postings.
- Escalates project issues to the IT Project Portfolio Services Manager for assistance and resolution.
- Acts as liaison with assigned teams and conducts team meetings.
- Prepares and maintains regular status reports and comprehensive closure reports; shares and delivers data to internal stakeholders.
- Prepares and presents oral and written project presentations.
- Assesses project risks and assists with developing resolutions to meet productivity, quality and client satisfaction.
- Facilitates weekly Change Management meeting.
- Creates project-related documentation and instructional materials as needed.
- Responsible for gathering and distributing findings related to projects and internal communications to team members, stakeholders and contractors.
- May supervise staff.
Bachelor's Degree and four years' related experience required.
A preferred candidate should have:
- PMP Certification
- 3 to 4 years of project coordination experience preferably in an information technology environment
- Solid project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects in cross-functional environment
- Experience with developing communication plans and familiarity with change management plans
- Experience with organizing and conducting project team meetings and facilitating discussions
- Experience with creating documentation and/or training materials
- Experience with creating various types of reports, e.g. status and statistical reports
- Experience with preparing and delivering oral and written presentations; excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to self-direct and effectively manage assignments.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Knowledge of project management applications
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Assists with planning, conducting, and implementing improvements to operational practices and systems aimed at enhancing organizational effectiveness.
- Provides functional project support to areas in transition, collects and analyzes data, and prepares project materials
- Coordinates efforts between departments and between the college/unit and external participants
- Participates in planning implementation tasks, including training
- Performs needs and outcomes assessments as needed
- May provide training and follow-up support
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Admin Org and Business Effectiveness Specialist
Higher Education Assistant
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary range is: $63,617 - $71,723. Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on "Apply Now" below which will bring you to the registration screen. If you are a new user, you must register to apply. If you already have a user ID, please use your existing ID to apply. Make sure to upload a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three (3) professional references (name, title, and organization) by the closing date. Please upload all documents in Word or PDF format.
June 10, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Graduate Center
Job Title: Project Specialist (Admin Organizational and Business Effectiveness Specialist) - Office of Information Technology
Job ID: 16729