Administrative Coordinator - Office of Information Technology
The Graduate Center (GC) is the principal doctorate-granting institution of the City University of New York (CUNY). Offering more than thirty doctoral degrees from Anthropology to Urban Education, and fostering globally significant research in a wide variety of centers and institutes, the GC provides academic training in the humanities, sciences, and social sciences. The Graduate Center is also integral to the intellectual and cultural vitality of New York City. Through its extensive public programs, The Graduate Center hosts a wide range of events - lectures, conferences, book discussions, art exhibits, concerts, and dance and theater that enrich and inform.
Reporting directly to the Assistant Director of IT Administrative Services, the Administrative Coordinator supervises the smooth operation of administrative services. The Administrative Coordinator will handle the revision of policies and procedures. S/he will coordinate and perform a wide variety of administrative activities and work on special IT projects on behalf of the Vice President, management team, and IT staff. The Administrative Coordinator will serve as a primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies and will often assist with complex and confidential matters.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assists with IT staff and IT student employee recruitment processes; prepares for new staff arrival and assists with new staff orientation; collaborates with the Offices of Human Resources, Compliance and Diversity, Financial Aid and with Academic Program Offices on recruitment matters; assists in managing IT search ads budget; and creates financial reports as needed.
- Maintains the accounting of IT student employee award budget for the academic year and summer semester, and prepares internal reports for management.
- Creates status reports; collects and analyzes data, develops statistical reports; and assists with assessments.
- Manages the revision and posting of IT policies and procedures; acts as resource person regarding IT policies and procedures by handling complaints, administrative problems and inquiries as appropriate while providing excellent customer service.
- Assists in managing content on the IT website; performs data entry for various databases, web-based applications, spreadsheets and IT projects.
- Maintains departmental organization chart using Visio; composes and prepares written documentation and correspondence for the department; screens and evaluates incoming and outgoing correspondence and prepares responses as appropriate.
- Manages and oversees multiple email accounts and calendars, guest arrivals, staff leave notices and telephone communications.
- Contributes to the process improvement planning to ensure more efficient service and organization of the office.
- Organizes and facilitates the IT Staff Departmental meetings, Student Technology Fee Committee, and DSC and IT meetings, conferences, and other special events as needed; assists in the coordination of the day-to-day office and stockroom activities to include inventory management and logistics of office and IT supplies, hardware and software.
Bachelor's Degree required.
A preferred candidate should have:
- At least 2 years of work experience in office administration
- At least 2 years of work experience handling recruitment and new employee activities
- Understanding of office management systems and procedures
- Proven accounting/financial experience; ability to prepare financial reports
- Excellent oral and written communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community; excellent telephone and customer service skills
- Excellent calendar and email account management skills; proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio, and Acrobat
- Ability to think independently and have critical thinking skills
- Knowledge of web content editing
- Experience working in an IT environment
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Supports projects, initiatives, and activities that impact an academic or administrative department.
- Manages basic office functions such as communications, meeting schedules, work plans, staff assignments, and distributing information.
- Collects data for, prepares, and distributes reports and presentations using word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
- Updates office databases, lists, and files to ensure completeness and accuracy; maintains current information on department web site(s); maintains department archives and collections.
- Conducts internet and/or database research and performs basic systems queries to locate information related to department activities.
- Maintains department fiscal plans and budgets; assists in budget administration and invoice processing.
- Provides basic information, instructions, and materials as requested by students, faculty, and others who contact the department.
- May supervise office staff and student workers.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Administrative Coordinator
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary range: $53,758 - $65,028. Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on "Apply Now" below which will bring you to the registration screen. If you are a new user, you must register to apply. If you already have a user ID, please use your existing ID to apply. Make sure to upload a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three (3) professional references (name, title, and organization) by the closing date. Please upload all documents in Word or PDF format.
June 10, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Graduate Center
Job Title: Administrative Coordinator - Office of Information Technology
Job ID: 16730