Campus Safety Officer
*TO SEE FULL POSITION DESCRIPTION AND APPLY, PLEASE VISIT www.du.edu/jobs.
The Department of Campus Safety is committed to providing the highest quality safety and security services in a respectful, professional and consistent manner. The department is also committed to maintaining a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for and development of skills to effectively engage with diverse individuals and communities. Applicants from members of historically underrepresented groups including minorities, women, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
The Campus Safety Officer position is assigned to the Protective Services Division within Campus Safety. Campus Safety Officers are the primary safety and security personnel for the University. Their duties include, but are not limited to, patrol of the campus and its buildings and assisting the campus community with a wide variety of problems and concerns.
- High School diploma or GED.
- At least 21 years of age at the time of hiring.
- Must successfully complete and maintain certification in Basic First Aid/CPR/AED, Defensive Driving, and PPCT (Pressure Point and Control Tactics).
- Must possess and maintain a valid Colorado driver's license and be insurable under University guidelines. Or, obtain a valid Colorado's driver's license within the required time frame.
- Must pass a pre-employment physical, drug screen and human performance evaluation administered by a University approved physician.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a City and County of Denver Merchant Guard and Central Alarm Operator license.
- Must pass a complete background check to include criminal, motor vehicle report and verification of employment and education.
- Pass a written job related narrative skills examination.
- Pass annual physical agility test.
- One year of college or specialized training in law enforcement or closely related field.
- One year of law enforcement, campus safety or security experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by Friday, June 2, 2017.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply. For questions, please contact Natalie Skaggs at or 303.871.3215.