Support Specialist - Campus Safety
*TO SEE FULL POSITION DESCRIPTION AND APPLY, PLEASE VISIT www.du.edu/jobs.
The position reports to the Manager of Electronic Security Systems and Technology. This is an exempt position that is responsible for the installation, maintenance/repair and service for life safety and security systems on the University of Denver campus. This position is also responsible for part of the IT infrastructure in the University of Denver's 24/7 Dispatch Center, including workstation management, network and switch management. This position is responsible for managing IP assignments for both the C-Cure card access system as well as the Avigilon camera surveillance system. Other IT duties as required by the ESS&T manager to support all life safety and security systems on University of Denver properties. This position also manages the design and maintenance of the Campus Safety web site and is also responsible for a division asset tracking application as well as other general duties as required by Campus Safety. This position requires the applicant to maintain a very good working relationship with other service departments (i.e. UTS, Telephone Services, Facility Management, Parking and transportation Services, etc.) to assist with the coordination and completion of a projects. This position requires the applicant to work on-call for emergencies on a 24/7 basis on a rotating schedule for systems that they maintain. The applicant must be able to respond to campus on an emergency call-out within 2 hours after notification when on-call, although on-site response is rare. This position requires that the applicant maintain a clean driving record in accordance with University of Denver driving policy. This position requires direct input of operational and card data into the C-Cure card access system and to assist with training and management of the C-Cure Access Coordinator program. This position requires IT support of the Avigilon camera surveillance system.
- 4 Year Degree
- Two years' experience with computer networks, Computer hardware, switches, IT infrastructure and enterprise level systems.
- Two years' project management experience or equivalent in IT or physical security systems.
- Understanding of access control and camera surveillance systems management.
- Proficient in Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Experience making presentations to groups and or training in a group environment.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- 4 year degree in computer science, project management or construction,
- 4 years progressive experience or educational equivalent with camera surveillance, card access and intrusion/fire alarm system installation and maintenance.
- Web site design and management.
- Experience in a dispatch center.
- Radio (RF) systems background.
- NICET level 1
- Previous experience as an installer and/or service technician of low voltage electronic systems (i.e. intrusion alarm systems, card access, fire alarm systems and camera surveillance systems.
- Professional certification related to the installation and service of low voltage security electronics, networks, switches and computers.
- Previous knowledge with Software House C-Cure 9000 card access and Avigilon enterprise camera surveillance systems.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply. If you have questions regarding this position, please direct inquiries
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.