Compliance Corporal - Campus Safety
*TO SEE FULL POSITION DESCRIPTION AND APPLY, PLEASE VISIT www.du.edu/jobs.
The Department of Campus Safety is committed to providing the highest quality safety and security services in a respectful, professional and consistent manner. The department is also committed to maintaining a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for and development of skills to effectively engage with diverse individuals and communities. Applicants from members of historically underrepresented groups including minorities, women, members of the LBGT community, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Assists in the overall management of the division's accreditation and compliance programs, inventory and inspection of division equipment. Maintains liaison with division's patrol operations and communication center. May be required to participate in the prevention and suppression of criminal activity, protection of life and property, and preservation of peace under circumstances determined by the division.
- Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College with an emphasis in Criminal Justice, Police Science, or Security Management; or one to two years related law enforcement/Campus Safety experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must successfully complete and maintain certification in Basic First Aid/CPR, Defensive Driving, and PPCT.
- Must possess a valid Colorado driver's license and be insurable under university guidelines.
- Possess or ability to obtain a City of Denver Merchant Guard and Central Station license.
- Ability to accept and successfully complete specialized training.
- Must successfully complete background check with a clear record; no criminal record or felony convictions.
- Must be at least 21 years of age when hired.
- 4 year degree in related field
- Previous law enforcement recruit school and/or P.O.S.T. certification.
- Experience in accreditation programs, compliance, and equipment inventory/management
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by Friday, May 26, 2017.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply. For questions, please contact Natalie Skaggs at or 303.871.3215.
All offers of employment to external candidates are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check, Motor Vehicle Report (MVR), Pre-Employment Physical, Drug Screen, Human Performance Evaluation and verification of employment and education.
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.