Power Gen/Industrial Systems Field Service Techs - Jobs Statewide
Yancey Bros Co is currently looking for qualified Electrical Power Gen Technicians!
This position is responsible for field service support of our Caterpillar Commercial Product line. Duties will include the installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of engine and electrical related systems, Industrial and EPG start-up of generators, transfer switches, UPS, and switchgear systems.
- Provide customer support for on-site facilities through technical evaluations of specific application, troubleshooting, and problem solving
- Repair and maintain reciprocal engine based power generation/Industrial Systems throughout the territory
- Provide guidance, assistance, and training to service technicians and customers as requested
- Explain and defend warranty decisions; generate and communicate service bulletins to both customers and office personnel
- Communicate cost, service and reliability issues from Field to office personnel with intent of convincing appropriate departments for cost reduction and design improvements
- Write full reports on findings from field service events, with clear, concise information
- Communicate daily clear comprehensive field reports regarding assigned units
- Represent the Power Systems group in the field
- Maintain service manuals
- Other duties as required by Coordinator(s)/Supervisor/Manager
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Three (3) years of EPG field experience or accepted alternate
- EGSA Certification a plus
- Technical Degree or Certification a plus
- Microsoft Office Software proficiency
- Able to read electrical schematics and equipment mechanical drawings
- Experience with Diesel and Natural Gas Engines, Electrical Switchgear, Automatic Transfer Switches and Balance of Plant Equipment
- Good working knowledge of power generation components, power electronics, electronic controls, and fuel systems
- Excellence at managing Customer relationships
- High level of responsiveness, and a strong proactive attitude to problem solving
- Ability and motivation to learn quickly
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Desire and aptitude to perform hands-on work
Since 1914, Yancey Bros. Co. has been marketing, selling, and servicing the most recognizable brands in the world. Founded in 1914 by brothers Goodloe and Earle Yancey, we have exclusively represented Caterpillar products in the state of Georgia since 1918, making Yancey Bros. Co. Nation Oldest Caterpillar Dealer. Our Caterpillar Heavy Equipment Division sells, rents, services, and supports products such as bulldozers, loaders, excavators, and backhoes. Our Power Systems Division sells, services, and supports Cat marine engines, power generation equipment, and industrial engines product lines. The Cat Rental Store opened in 1997 and continues to provide Caterpillar full line of construction and building equipment to customers, as well as sales and rentals of a large variety of non-Caterpillar equipment, ranging from dump trucks to aerial lifts.
In 2005, Yancey Power Systems established Yancey Engineered Solutions to provide specialized services to customers purchasing power units from Caterpillar Griffin, GA Engine manufacturing facility. This division serves customers around the globe as a supplier of sound-attenuated packaging, testing and design solutions, and engineering services for most makes and models of power generation units. In 2007, Blue Bird Bus Corporation announced Yancey as their exclusive dealer for school bus sales, parts, and factory-supported service for Georgia and Alabama. Yancey Bus Sales and Service provides an extensive line of parts and aftermarket services for school buses of all makes and models, including Carrier air conditioning for school buses.
Yancey has over 30 convenient locations, more than 1000 employees, and is one of the largest and oldest family-owned companies in the state of Georgia. From our earliest days to the present, Yancey Bros. Co. has striven to offer the highest level of customer dedicated products and services available. At Yancey, we are committed to hiring and retaining the best and brightest employees in the industry. The combination of a competitive compensation and benefits package, along with top notch training and advancement opportunities, make Yancey Bros. Co. an employer of choice in the region. Whether pursuing a career as an equipment Technician, in sales or management, or a corporate support position, there is an opportunity to grow and develop at Yancey Bros. Co.
Visit us on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/yancey.bros.co/
Visit us on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/company/yancey-bros--co-?trk=top_nav_home
Sun, 14 May 2017 12:29:13 PDT