Mechanical Design/Project Management Engineer
NLB Corp. is the world's leading manufacturer of high pressure water jetting equipment. Precision engineering and manufacturing, production efficiency, and diesel engine optimization are just some of the processes that drive our technically advance products. Our NLBelieve Culture is the fuel that drives our company.
Our Culture is our life blood. Every Team Member is expected to practice Safety, Responsiveness, Reliability, and Efficiency. What we build is cool equipment. What we offer you is a future.
This position is responsible for managing the design, production, testing, and delivery of customer orders; and, for developing products, product modifications, and product components for commercial sale. These products include high pressure water pump units, ancillary equipment, and accessories or tools designed for applications. The design process includes component selection, design of components, weldments and assemblies. The engineer is a core team member working with all other groups at NLB Corp.
Areas of Focus: Incumbent's responsibilities will focus on the following:
- Designing high pressure water pump skids and trailers, ranging from 60 to 1,000 HP. These skids are powered by electric motors or diesel engines.
- Project management of customer orders, including creating, updating and maintaining Bills of Materials for any design, and interaction with the Operations and Service groups for on-time execution.
- Comfortable with handling multiple priorities and project schedules typically a few weeks to a month or two.
- Product and component redesign for quality improvement, performance improvement, or cost reduction.
Level of Responsibility:
- Project management from receipt of order to on-time delivery to the customer.
- Managing multiple projects and timelines while elevating any conflicts or roadblocks for resolution.
- Product maintenance /sustaining work related to obsolescence, cost reduction, & error correction.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- A BSME degree is required
- 8+ years' experience in a related role is required
- Project Management experience is required
- Experience with machine design, including structural design, assemblies, subassemblies, weldments, and components is highly desired
- Industrial Automation experience is highly desired
- Experience in generating, maintaining and updating product Bills of Materials is desired
- A Professional Engineering license is a plus
NLB offers a competitive wage and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, paid personal/sick, paid vacations, paid holidays, life insurance, disability insurance, 401(K) plus company match, profit sharing and more.
Candidates meeting the above qualifications please apply using the link including salary wage requirements (required to be considered).
NLB is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug free workplace.
For further information regarding NLB, please visit our web site at www.nlbcorp.com.
NLB has been leading the way in water jet productivity since 1971. You won't find a wider range of high-pressure and UHP pump units and accessories anywhere... or higher standards of quality and reliability.
Sun, 14 May 2017 11:20:47 PDT