Dean of Health Sciences (1HS17)
VACANCY (POSITION) NUMBER: 1HS17
RESPONSIBLE TO: VP of Education and Training
STATE CLASSIFICATION: Dean
LOCATION: Aiken Technical College, Aiken, SC
STATE SALARY RANGE: Commensurate
WORK SCHEDULE: Full-time, Monday – Friday
JOB DATE: May 2017
OPENING DATE: May 12, 2017
Accountable for divisional strategic leadership, faculty and staff development, scholarly research, and operational management of the Health Sciences Division to include supervision and evaluation of department chairs and other direct report employees; providing broad based insights and coordination of course scheduling and management of course loading to meet student and program needs, management of budgets, developing and implementing divisional objectives in support of the divisional and college annual plans, leads assessment practices and continual improvement strategies of programs and courses, oversight of articulation agreement development and technical advanced placement and revision with other higher education institutions and K-12 districts, and the development of relationships with transfer instructions and other external entities related to divisional mission and purpose. Teach reduced course load as assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads and manages the development and implementation process for short and long-term plans for the Health Sciences Division that support and contribute to the achievement of College strategic objectives, goals, and its mission and evaluate the effectiveness of such plans and activities. Evaluate the plans outcomes and adjust as applicable.
- Implement and monitor an approved comprehensive and systematic approach to continuous improvement by using and analyzing program, course and student assessment data to design, review, evaluate and revise programs and academic success services. Maintain accredited program standards to assure continuation of program accreditation standards and program articulation agreements.
- Lead and provide guidance in operational systems that result in effective and efficient administrative processes for budget management, inventory management, student advisement, recruitment and retention, course scheduling, faculty orientation and all others systems that support instruction, instructional administration, and student support.
- Engage in the faculty selection and recruitment process to select quality, SACSCOC approved faculty, provide leadership development of department chairs, and encourage professional development opportunities for divisional faculty and staff with an emphasis on cultural diversity and promoting the College’s mission. Supervise and evaluate faculty and staff.
- Manage and encourage communication systems within and between divisions that promote collaboration of program and discipline faculty, process improvement, retention, graduation, and program and instructional best practices.
- Build and maintain relationships and alliances with external constituencies to fulfill the mission, goals and objectives of the College as it relates to Health Sciences Division programs.
- Accountable for ensuring consistency with compliance with SACSCOC, SBTCE and College and academic policies and procedures. Ensures all timelines are met and requirements are submitted by established deadlines.
- Provide community level support by direct involvement in organizations and activities. Other duties as assigned, including but not limited to, serving on committees and participating in professional development.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Master’s Degree in Nursing or a Master’s Degree with 18 graduate semester hours in Nursing required. Current license to practice as a registered nurse in South Carolina required; Georgia nursing license will be required upon employment. Three (3) years of recent registered nursing practice within the last five (5) years required. Three (3) years progressively responsible related work/teaching experience is also required. Supervisory, teaching and academic administrative experience in higher education preferred. Demonstrated leadership skills, communication skills, and knowledge of budgeting and planning experience as well as managing, leading and ensuring quality for programs with accreditation are essential.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Please apply online at www.jobs.sc.gov. Unofficial college transcripts are required for all degrees earned and may be attached to the online application, faxed (803-593-8203), emailed (email@example.com), or mailed (P.O. Drawer 696, Aiken, SC 29802). All application materials must be submitted by the closing date. The application must be completed including all current and previous work history and education. A resume may be attached, but not substituted for completing work history and education sections of the application. In lieu of higher education degree, please include high school history. International transcripts must be evaluated through World Education Services. Scheduling of interviews will begin on May 22, 2017 and the position will remain open until filled.
Aiken Technical College is an equal opportunity employer committed to having diversity throughout the College. Any requests for reasonable accommodation to apply for this position should be directed to Human Resources by calling 803-508-7497, or writing to the above address. Requests for accommodations must be made by the above-stated deadline.