Software Test Engineer
Prometric is a trusted test development and delivery provider to more than 400 organizations worldwide. On their behalf, we securely deliver an average of 9 million exams per year to people who are seeking to improve their lives. Whether by starting a new career, further developing their skills to improve on an existing one, adding to their qualifications for a promotion, taking school entrance exams or simply for professional development, people taking tests want a reliable, convenient and hassle-free experience. Prometric serves as an industry gatekeeper, ensuring that people legitimately earn the credentials they seek to achieve, and thereby guaranteeing a fair testing experience for all who come through our doors.Our decades of expertise in test development and delivery help organizations create and deliver exam programs that accurately measure the skills, knowledge and abilities they need to measure. We are a reliable partner who works closely with our clients to help determine their business requirements, as well as identify the goals of their test programs. We provide the right blend of expertise, guidance, execution and customer service and can work to customize a unique solution that fits your specific needs. Prometric is a company with an understanding of who we're helping and why. It is our first and foremost ambition to provide a fair opportunity for every honest test taker to prove their merits, to help them accomplish lifelong goals for career and education advancement. It's our calling, and we embrace it. We work in close partnership with our clients, some of the world's most recognized and regarded organizations and agencies in government, education, technology, finance, healthcare and business to deliver the right test, on the right day, at the right time and, always, to the right candidate.We recruit and hire the best employees who have courage to question "the way it's always been done" and who have the care, acumen and engagement to work collaboratively, across functions, to find new and better ways to be faster and more cost effective at our business. We invest in our talent, and that means providing our employees the facilities, technology and work/life balance to continually reach farther and earn our place as the performance leader in global testing and assessment. Our success earns financial returns, and we continue to build on our merits year-over-year.Not many companies can say they impact the direction of people's lives and put people on the path to achieving their dreams. We do, and we are invigorated by the opportunity.
As a member of the software testing team you will be responsible for testing Prometric's software applications and systems.
• Test Plan / Acceptance Criteria design and creation
• Test Case creation and execution
• Defect logging
• Project status reporting
• Collaboration with the development team early in the SDLC.
• Participates in multiple QC activities.
• Is self-managed to react to and provide support to both IT and business teams.
• Performs and assists with testing, best practice process improvements, or tool support.
• Provides advice and support to other business areas in the use of Prometric QC processes & procedures. These could include Best Practice/methodologies, QC and end to end testing.
• Contributes to the development of business documentation. Delivers business documents related to Prometric QC programs that includes areas such as best practices, testing or tool support.
• Implements improvements to test techniques, projects and audit processes to create efficiencies.
• Provides input on specified test area, platform or client for readiness meeting before production push. Provides QC results, risk assessment and data to support go/no go decisions.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline and typically 2 to 4 years' experience in software quality assurance or programming OR 3-5 years relevant work experience
- QC methodologies, industry best practices, software development lifecycle
- Experience testing with the agile methodology.
- Has excellent knowledge of most of the following:
- Windows O/S, Oracle or rational DBs, SQL, UNIX/LINUX user commands/editors/shell scripts, web services, batch file scripting & testing c# based applications, Vmware
- Excellent oral and written communications; an ability to present and discuss technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with keen attention to detail
Please see job description.
Prometric (www.prometric.com) is the recognized global leader in technology-enabled assessment services, providing paper-and-pencil, Internet and computer-based testing solutions. It offers a fully integrated testing system that includes test development, test delivery and data management capabilities. On behalf of 300 current clients in the academic, professional, government, corporate and information technology markets, Prometric develops and/or delivers assessments through a global network of testing centers in 132 countries as well as direct to candidates via the Web.
Prometric, a wholly-owned subsidiary of ETS, is a trusted and market-leading provider of technology-enabled testing and assessment. Committed to a set of values that get the right test to the right location at the right time and to the right test taker, Prometric supports candidates worldwide who take more than 9 million tests each year. Through innovation, workflow automation and standardization, Prometric advances test development and delivery solutions that are better, faster and at less expense for its clients.
Sun, 14 May 2017 20:56:25 PDT