Psychiatric Social Worker/Marriage & Family Therapist-Spanish Speaking
The County of San Mateo Health System is seeking several well-qualified clinicians to provide clinical services for youth with serious emotional disturbance (SED) or adults with serious mental illness (SMI), and clients with co-occurring mental illness and substance use disorders.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- Solid clinical assessment, diagnostic and evaluation skills;
- Knowledge of principles, techniques and trends in counseling, psychotherapy, clinical case management, and various treatment modalities;
- Experience delivering services to youth and/or adult consumers who have co-occurring mental illness and substance use disorders;
- Excellent documentation skills: progress notes, assessments, client care plans, etc.
- Demonstrated expertise, skill and interest with a broad range of clients of diverse cultures and backgrounds, and an ability to provide culturally appropriate and proficient services;
- Skill in establishing and maintaining productive working relationships with families, co-workers, other professionals, collaborative partners and the public.
- Experience conducting individual, group and family therapy;
- Experience working with undocumented youth and their families;
- Demonstrated ability working with a broad range of clients from diverse cultures, and backgrounds, such as LGBTQ, Hispanic/Latino, and an ability to provide bilingual Spanish-speaking and culturally appropriate and proficient services;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing; and
- Knowledge of and experience with quality improvement processes.
Psychiatric Social Worker/Marriage & Family Therapist I: $5,599 - $6,999/month
Psychiatric Social Worker/Marriage & Family Therapist II: $6,280 - $7,850/month
Language Requirement: The ability to speak, read, and write fluently in both English and Spanish.
PSW I - current California registration as a Clinical Social Worker Associate (ASW).
MFT I - current California Registration as a Marriage and Family Therapist intern (IMF).
PSW-II - current California license as a Clinical Social Worker (LCSW).
MFT II - current California license as a Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT).
To learn more about all positions and to apply online, please visit our website at http://jobs.smcgov.org. Applications are only accepted online. EOE
San Mateo County government protects and enhances the health, safety, welfare, and natural resources of the community; and provides quality services that benefit and enrich the lives of the people of this community.
San Mateo County government is committed to:
The highest standards of public service;
A common vision of responsiveness;
The highest standards of ethical conduct;
Treating people with respect and dignity.
San Mateo, CA
Sun, 14 May 2017 15:57:00 PDT