Industrial Engine Field Service Tech #16-0056
This position is responsible for field service support of our Caterpillar Industrial line of engines found in various applications such as drills, grinders, cranes, etc. Duties will include field service diagnostics and repair of Caterpillar and other makes Diesel engines in a variety of equipment and applications.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Works in a neat and orderly manner, maintaining a safe work environment and a constant focus on completing the task at hand safely.
- Proficiently and accurately perform maintenance, diagnose and repairs on Caterpillar and other makes of power generation equipment in a variety of applications ranging from EPG to Industrial.
- Apply specific failure analysis techniques and procedures in determining root cause of failures and relaying that information to customers and office personnel.
- Cares for and maintains company machines/equipment to the highest standards and ensures co-workers are doing the same.
- Respond to customer needs in a positive, supportive, and timely manner to ensure maximum value for work performed
- Write full reports on findings from field service events, with clear, concise information
- Communicate effectively and professionally with customers on the status of their maintenance and / or repairs.
- Must be willing to work overtime as required depending on customer needs & fluctuating workloads, also need to be available for after-hours calls as needed.
- Other duties as required by Coordinator(s)/Supervisor/Manager.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Three (3) years of Engine Field Service experience or accepted alternate
- EGSA Certification a plus
- Technical Degree or Certification a plus
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Software
- Experience with Caterpillar Diesel and Natural Gas Engines
- Good Driving Record
- Basic tools to complete the job (specialty tools provided by company)
- High level of responsiveness, and a strong proactive attitude to problem solving
- Committed to Quality and a high level attention to detail
- Ability and motivation to learn quickly.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Since 1914, Yancey Bros. Co. has been marketing, selling, and servicing the most recognizable brands in the world. Founded in 1914 by brothers Goodloe and Earle Yancey, we have exclusively represented Caterpillar products in the state of Georgia since 1918, making Yancey Bros. Co. Nation Oldest Caterpillar Dealer. Our Caterpillar Heavy Equipment Division sells, rents, services, and supports products such as bulldozers, loaders, excavators, and backhoes. Our Power Systems Division sells, services, and supports Cat marine engines, power generation equipment, and industrial engines product lines. The Cat Rental Store opened in 1997 and continues to provide Caterpillar full line of construction and building equipment to customers, as well as sales and rentals of a large variety of non-Caterpillar equipment, ranging from dump trucks to aerial lifts.
In 2005, Yancey Power Systems established Yancey Engineered Solutions to provide specialized services to customers purchasing power units from Caterpillar Griffin, GA Engine manufacturing facility. This division serves customers around the globe as a supplier of sound-attenuated packaging, testing and design solutions, and engineering services for most makes and models of power generation units. In 2007, Blue Bird Bus Corporation announced Yancey as their exclusive dealer for school bus sales, parts, and factory-supported service for Georgia and Alabama. Yancey Bus Sales and Service provides an extensive line of parts and aftermarket services for school buses of all makes and models, including Carrier air conditioning for school buses.
Yancey has over 30 convenient locations, more than 1000 employees, and is one of the largest and oldest family-owned companies in the state of Georgia. From our earliest days to the present, Yancey Bros. Co. has striven to offer the highest level of customer dedicated products and services available. At Yancey, we are committed to hiring and retaining the best and brightest employees in the industry. The combination of a competitive compensation and benefits package, along with top notch training and advancement opportunities, make Yancey Bros. Co. an employer of choice in the region. Whether pursuing a career as an equipment Technician, in sales or management, or a corporate support position, there is an opportunity to grow and develop at Yancey Bros. Co.
Visit us on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/yancey.bros.co/
Visit us on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/company/yancey-bros--co-?trk=top_nav_home
Sun, 14 May 2017 12:12:25 PDT