Automotive Parts Manager
Canepa is a leading producer of high quality custom automobiles and products. Our state of the art facility is located in beautiful Scotts Valley, CA. We are seeking a seasoned professional to be our Parts Manager.
The perfect candidate is someone who has worked in an independent repair shop serving multiple manufactures lines (Porsche, MBZ, Ferrari, Shelby, Jaguar, Maserati, etc.). The most valuable skill is the ability to source obsolete and discontinued parts for vehicles from the late 1960s through the early 1980s. This position is not similar to running a modern dealership parts department. This is a challenging and rewarding opportunity to utilize strong "detective" like sourcing skills, while on the hunt for some of the most obscure parts used on some of the most exclusive, rare, and collectable cars on the planet.
• The qualified candidate will have 5+ years of related automotive parts experience.
• Strong Management Experience.
• Motivated and fast paced personality with serious Work Ethic.
• Excellent computer skills required (Windows, Explorer, Outlook).
• Excellent organizational skills.
• The qualified candidate will have excellent phone manners, the ability to multitask and make good decisions.
• The qualified candidate must have ability to manage a staff of up to 7 employees.
OUR BENEFITS INCLUDE
• Competitive wages
• Medical & Dental Coverage
• Paid Vacation.
DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION
1. Maintains a balanced inventory consistent with the requirements of the service department.
2. Establishes individual parts inventory levels and balances them for maximum turnover.
3. Monitors and adjusts inventory to minimize obsolescence.
4. Ensure that all returned or warranty parts are properly tagged so that the organization recovers full credit from the factory.
5. Assists in the supervision of the stock order procedures.
6. Ensure technicians are adequately supplied with all parts and materials as needed.
7. Oversees Purchasing of supplies & materials for Service Department.
8. Conforms to policy on the special ordering of parts.
9. Analyzes sales, expenses, and inventory monthly to maintain profit goals.
10. Works with the Operations & Service Managers to ensure a timely turnaround of parts needed for internal jobs.
11. Assists in analyzing departmental operations and storage layout and revises as needed for maximum effectiveness.
12. Provides technical assistance to employees and customers.
13. Coordinates a prompt, efficient, and timely flow of paperwork.
14. Directs shipping and receiving efforts to ensure timely processing.
15. Seek out new vendors, suppliers and manufacturers and negotiate terms and pricing for greater profitability.
16. Enforces and monitors guidelines for working with customers to ensure maximum customer satisfaction.
17. Ensures that all purchases are properly accounted for before payment is made.
18. Understands, keeps abreast of, and complies with federal, state, and local regulations that may affect parts sales.
19. Maintains professional appearance.
20. Accepts other responsibilities as requested by the Owner and Management Team.
***PLEASE SUBMIT A SALARY REQUIREMENT WHEN APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION***
Scotts Valley, CA
Sun, 14 May 2017 09:47:32 PDT