Field Service Technician for Electric Motor Repair
Brick Staffing is seeking a Field Service Technician for our Philadelphia, PA Service Center. This position will provide technical leadership in identifying and solving technical issues related to the motor repair business in the field. They will provide customers with technical advice regarding motor applications, failure analysis, vibration problems, and predictive maintenance technologies while being educational and mentoring to peers and junior technicians.
- Responsible for overseeing field service technicians in the field.
- Perform vibration and signature analysis, thermographic imaging, onsite rigging for motor removal/installation (with site assessments), motor circuit analysis technology (as required) and perform laser as well as dial indicator alignments.
- Perform electrical tests using various portable electronic equipment including by not limited to: Meggers, hi-pot, MCE tester, Entek equipment.
- Assist with motor installation requirements and startup problems.
- Interpret and ensure compliance with operating policies and procedures.
- Report to Field Service Manager and assist them with developing proposals and work scope to meet customer needs and requirements on reliability, preventative maintenance, motor change-outs, and testing of customer equipment.
- Assume responsibility as assigned and act on own authority accordingly.
- Maintain close relationships with customers as well as the sales, marketing, field service, and service center technical teams.
- Complete field service safety checklist on every job. Safety is a priority.
- Prepare technical reports to provide information on conditions of equipment serviced and recommend actions to be taken.
- Notify Field Service Manager and shop management of all taken actions.
- Inspect and test various kinds of electro-mechanical equipment for damage and analyze for evidence of electrical malfunctions.
- Clean electro-mechanical equipment as needed using various method including but not limited to: bead blasting, ice blasting, and solvent cleaning.
- Measure and inspect mechanical fits for size considerations of equipment as well as feasibility of removal and/or installation projects with respect to site limitations.
- Associates or technical college degree or equivalent experience in a technical discipline.
- Level II Vibration Certification.
- Level I Thermographic Certification.
- Three to five years of experience with disciplines. This includes field service technologies and supervision, and knowledge and experience with motor repair and application (electrically and mechanically).
- Familiar and proficient with vibration and signature analysis.
- Ability to relate well with others in a professional and knowledgeable manner.
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to handle analytical problems and make decisions without direct supervision.
- Good verbal and writing skills.
- Physically able to reach and work on customer's equipment while following all safety procedures.
- Able to be on call and travel on short notice. This includes weekends and holidays.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Helping companies sustain their highest level of workforce productivity by providing skilled temporary and direct hire opportunities.
Sun, 14 May 2017 07:47:41 PDT