Formulation Scientist / Machine Operator (R&D, and Manufacturing)
Pharmvista Inc. located at East Hanover, NJ is in the business of developing, manufacturing and marketing medical foods, nutraceuticals, and Dietary Supplements.
- Create quantitative formulas to enable manufacturing of small and large scale batches.
- Work with Machine operator, Senior scientist in manufacturing, processing and packaging of finished products.
- Work closely with manufacturing team to create R&D samples for new customers and tradeshows.
- Provide information to interpret analytical test results and provide input to QA.
- Work closely with QA team to interpret analytical results and design Product labels.
- Thorough understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Good Documentation Practices (21 CFR111).
- Lead all manufacturing efforts within the company, and all associated activities that aid product development and production.
- Work closely with manufacturing teams in operating and cleaning the machinery.
- Provide input on new technology to improve current products and create new products.
- Prepare formulation samples in the laboratory in a timely manner and to meet project specifications.
- Work with supply chain to assures availability of raw materials for the R&D lab and manufacturing suites.
- Participate actively in the different projects with the R&D Team.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work environment. Ensure proper care and maintenance of the pilot equipment.
- Formulate within legal and regulatory requirements; ensure food safety of all formulations and samples.
- Perform all other related duties as requested
- Be resolute, capable of working under pressure and managing many tasks simultaneously;
- Excellent teamwork, communication and interpersonal relation skills, Software knowledge of Word and Excel desired.
- Should have formulation exp. and ability to manage new products going into production on the floor. This is a hands-on job and individual should be able to train and upgrade plant staff on the intricacies of confections, Gummies etc.
Job Type: Full-time after 6 months of probation
Local candidates only: (NO relocation provided)
- NJ, NY, PA
- Formulation development for solid oral dosage forms: 3-5 years
- Experience in the manufacture of Gummy bears, Confectioneries is desired.
- Experience with gummy type boiled products, boiled lozenges, gummy bears, and/or pan coating is desired.
- A hands-on individual that can work within a group. Experience in handling different types of pharmaceutical processing equipments, experience in gummies and/or confectionaries preferred.
- Physically capable of handling heavy equipment and/or ingredients (50 lbs) and high work load of the lab
- Relevant experience in pharma/nutraceutical industry is an asset; knowledge of pharma/nutraceutical/food safety, hygiene and worker safety.
- Candidates with experience in Drug development will also be considered with applicable experience working in a pharmaceutical/Nutraceutical laboratory. (Research & Development / Manufacturing)
Required education: Associate degree or Bachelor's in Life sciences or Engineering.
East Hanover, NJ
Sun, 14 May 2017 13:02:01 PDT