Salary: $48,800 - $60,700
Title: Resident Director
Category: Management and Professional
Department: Residential Life - VCSA
Date Posted: 03/14/2017
Position Information: Resident Director (RD) is a full-time, 12-month, live-in position and serves as a member of the Residential Life Professional team. The RD is responsible for resident orientation to community living; resident counseling; policy enforcement and jurisprudence; on-site crisis response; student organization advising; student programming; student staff recruitment, selection, training and evaluation; housing management and special projects. The RD provides a variety of support services to the residential students and assists with the management of the housing program. The residential facilities include residence halls, apartments and family housing. This recruitment is for 3 positions.
Minimum Requirements: Skills in project management.
Thorough knowledge of Student Affairs/Student Life specialization.
Skills in active listening, critical thinking, negotiation, problem solving, reasoning, organizing, written and verbal communication; multitasking and intercultural competence.
Preferred Qualifications: Knowledge of University processes and procedures.
Knowledge of advising and counseling techniques and knowledge of University and departmental principles and procedures involved in risk assessment and evaluating risks as to likelihood and consequences.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview